regarding craigslist, ebay, freecycle...

Simplysomething

Jumping off of this thread.

If the stuff is confined to a private forum, perhaps we could have a sticky with something like an email template. Including things to avoid...like emails that sound judgmental.

Something like

Hi, Regarding your listing on craigslist/ebay/freecycle, I was wondering if you could give me the Date of Manufacture (DOM) of the seat. On that seat it is usually located (where it's located).

And a helpful way to point out that the information is wrong.

"HI I saw your post for X, where you stated Y, I wanted to let you know that...Y is incorrect" and provide sources.

something like that?

Like Southpaw and others point out, we are directing people to this site, so we want to represent it well.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hey, great idea! I've used a format like that when asking sellers about (possibly) unsafe or misreprestented seats, and usually it gets a positive response :)

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I would prefer that our community police itself in regard to what posts should be kept in a private/public forum and how to politely discuss issues like craigslist or ebay items.

1girltwinboyz

Oh I LOVE this idea. I along with maybe you all, were paramount in getting one ebay seller to end the listing for a used roundabout that was over 6 years old and thewhite foam disintegrating.

but most sellers are not happy when emailed with this info. As i found out it is against ebay policy to in anyway pursuade a buyer/sellers against bidding on an auction. :(

:mad:

wondering1

Well, on eBay, you could post a "question" such as "what is the date of manufacture of this seat" and then if they answer publically, post a follow-up asking if the manufacturer expiration is 6 years from date of manufacture! :) :)

That would not be against eBay policy!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Craigslist, ebay and related posts should now be placed in the Community Member Chat sub-forum (under Coffee Break).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC