stress marks on MR

ADS

Kobain's Mommy

If you get a responce let me know. My SS1's base is looking like that and it's a '07 with the foot never pout out while buckled.

emy_lou

I would like to know too!!! I believe I seen that somewhere on ours too, But I'll have to look again to make sure. I didnt pay to much attention. Mines ether an '09 or '10 cant remember, but I know I bought it in February of this year!

msg221

Add me to that list! I noticed marks like that on the MR I have as well and worse yet, I have only used it a handful of times! I had no idea those were "stress marks." I just thought it was discoloration of the plastic.

ulrich7

I didn't hear anything today and I got home too late to call them.

The DOM on the MR 3/29/10 so it's only 6 months old!

Do these concern anyone or do you think it's ok to use?

jess71903

Ambassador
I had nearly identical marks on my SS1 base and figured out it was from me installing it. After I figured that out, and knew it had not been crashed or mishandled, I was fine using it.

ulrich7

huh. Now I want to go check mine. Where are the marks exactly? Mine are only about 4 and 6 months old :rolleyes:

They are by the rf belt path. Only one of mine has them, the other I got from a momma on here and is older. I just didn't know if it was still ok to use.

Pixels

Has the seat ever been abused, dropped, or checked on an airline?

No, just installed rf in my van. My 18 month old uses it.

In that case, I would continue to use it without hesitation, personally. If it concerns you, contact Graco and see what they say. If they say it's not safe, then ask them to replace under warranty, since you know the seat has never been mistreated.

ulrich7

So I talked to Graco. They apparently didn't get my email. The woman I talked to said I should get it checked by a tech, and see what they have to say. If they say to replace it, then call Graco back and go from there.

Are there any techs in the Medford, WI area?

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Do you actually climb into the carseat when you install it? I've seen marks like that before on Graco infant seat bases where the parent was actually climbing on top of it to tighten.

ulrich7

Do you actually climb into the carseat when you install it? I've seen marks like that before on Graco infant seat bases where the parent was actually climbing on top of it to tighten.

Yes, I usually put my knee in it and put weight on it to install. So do you think it's ok to still use it then?

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Yes, I usually put my knee in it and put weight on it to install. So do you think it's ok to still use it then?

I'm not sure. I sometimes stick a knee in a seat if it's a really difficult install, but the Graco bases really don't seem to hold up well to that, so I always tell parents to avoid it as much as possible. I have no idea if it affects the integrity, though.

NannyMom

So I talked to Graco. They apparently didn't get my email. The woman I talked to said I should get it checked by a tech, and see what they have to say. If they say to replace it, then call Graco back and go from there.

Are there any techs in the Medford, WI area?

:mad::rolleyes: Tell them to show the pictures to their engineers, and ask THEM!

Could one of us maybe post it to the CPSP list? See what the Graco rep has to say?

ulrich7

:mad::rolleyes: Tell them to show the pictures to their engineers, and ask THEM!

Could one of us maybe post it to the CPSP list? See what the Graco rep has to say?

I was thinking that, why wouldn't they have me resend email and look at the pictures themselves.

I sent them another email, so I will see what they say. If anyone else has ideas of someone to look at it and give their opinions, that is fine with me.

ulrich7

So this is the response I got from Graco!!!! I sent another email and circled the marks.

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it at any time.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
Product

Communication Thread
Response (Dawn B.) 11/02/2010 10:33 AM
I really do not see any marks on the seat. Are the marks just from pushing tight against the back of the car seat?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC