Canadian Lifesavers!?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Would anyone be interested? How would we go about planning one? I know some of us have talked about it but I thought I would mention it here as well :thumbsup:

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Lifesavers is huuuuge and really encompasses a number of fields beyond just child passenger safety. I, for one, am looking forward to Lifesavers 2008 only being 5 hours (driving) away from me next year! :) See you all there?!

-Nicole.

JaRylan

Lifesavers is huuuuge and really encompasses a number of fields beyond just child passenger safety. I, for one, am looking forward to Lifesavers 2008 only being 5 hours (driving) away from me next year! :) See you all there?!

-Nicole.

Have you gone before? Do many Canadians go to Lifesavers?

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I can't imagine spending the money to go to Chicago, for example (2007).. I've never gone, but I plan on going 2008 since it's close to home. I know a bunch of people from this site went this year!

-N.

JaRylan

These are the various workshop categories that were at the 2007 Lifesavers conference. I copied the list of workshops for the Impaired Driving category.

Is there any kind of annual conference in Canada that addresses all/some of these issues? If there was it might be something that we could build on.

http://www.lifesaversconference.org/workshops.html

* Adult Occupant Protection
* Child Passenger Safety
* Communications
* Criminal Justice
* Impaired Driving
* Other Highway Safety Priorities
* Teen Traffic Safety

Impaired Driving Track

Fighting Drunk Driving with One Hand Tied Behind Your Back: General Deterrence Strategies without Sobriety Checkpoints

The Mouse That Roars: Strategies for Combating Impaired Driving for Small Law Enforcement Agencies

Back to Basics: General Deterrence Strategies to Fight Impaired Driving
Lorenz (PowerPoint 1.5MB)

Impaired Driving Victim Impact Panel

Doing More Than Time: Innovative DWI Sentencing Strategies

Screening for Alcohol Use Problems to Prevent Drunk Driving

Creating Change through State Impaired Driving Task Forces

More Bang, Fewer Bucks - Part 1: Doing Enforcement on a Budget

More Bang, Fewer Bucks - Part 2: Publicizing Enforcement on a Budget

“Drunk Driving. Over the Limit. Under Arrest” - The New Impaired Driving Campaign

Impacting DWI Adjudication from the Outside - Part 1: Education

Impacting DWI Adjudication from the Outside - Part 2: Information Gathering

New Laws, New Approaches on Drunk Driving

Promising Practices from High Alcohol Fatality Rate States

Strategies for Addressing the Higher-Risk Driver: Repeat and High-BAC Offenders

Efforts to Reduce Impaired Driving Among Hispanic and African-American Audiences

Getting Home Safely

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC