Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Canadian Lifesavers!?

Would anyone be interested? How would we go about planning one? I know some of us have talked about it but I thought I would mention it here as well

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPST Instructor QuassEE's Avatar

Re: Canadian Lifesavers!?

Lifesavers is huuuuge and really encompasses a number of fields beyond just child passenger safety. I, for one, am looking forward to Lifesavers 2008 only being 5 hours (driving) away from me next year! See you all there?!

-Nicole.

Quote Originally Posted by QuassEE View Post
    Lifesavers is huuuuge and really encompasses a number of fields beyond just child passenger safety. I, for one, am looking forward to Lifesavers 2008 only being 5 hours (driving) away from me next year! See you all there?!

-Nicole.
    Have you gone before? Do many Canadians go to Lifesavers?
    Jacqui ~ Rylan ~ 08.13.02 ~ 57.2lbs on 9/26/08 ~ Radian 65
    Join Starlight's Book Club, read your manuals! Car seats are cheaper than caskets & you can use them more than once. How much did your wedding cost? How long did it last? Does your child's safety seem more affordable now?

Moderator - CPST Instructor QuassEE's Avatar

I can't imagine spending the money to go to Chicago, for example (2007).. I've never gone, but I plan on going 2008 since it's close to home. I know a bunch of people from this site went this year!

-N.

These are the various workshop categories that were at the 2007 Lifesavers conference. I copied the list of workshops for the Impaired Driving category.

Is there any kind of annual conference in Canada that addresses all/some of these issues? If there was it might be something that we could build on.

http://www.lifesaversconference.org/workshops.html

* Adult Occupant Protection
    * Child Passenger Safety
    * Communications
    * Criminal Justice
    * Impaired Driving
    * Other Highway Safety Priorities
    * Teen Traffic Safety

Impaired Driving Track

Fighting Drunk Driving with One Hand Tied Behind Your Back: General Deterrence Strategies without Sobriety Checkpoints

The Mouse That Roars: Strategies for Combating Impaired Driving for Small Law Enforcement Agencies

Back to Basics: General Deterrence Strategies to Fight Impaired Driving
    Lorenz (PowerPoint 1.5MB)

Impaired Driving Victim Impact Panel

Doing More Than Time: Innovative DWI Sentencing Strategies

Screening for Alcohol Use Problems to Prevent Drunk Driving

Creating Change through State Impaired Driving Task Forces

More Bang, Fewer Bucks - Part 1: Doing Enforcement on a Budget

More Bang, Fewer Bucks - Part 2: Publicizing Enforcement on a Budget

“Drunk Driving. Over the Limit. Under Arrest” - The New Impaired Driving Campaign

Impacting DWI Adjudication from the Outside - Part 1: Education

Impacting DWI Adjudication from the Outside - Part 2: Information Gathering

New Laws, New Approaches on Drunk Driving

Promising Practices from High Alcohol Fatality Rate States

Strategies for Addressing the Higher-Risk Driver: Repeat and High-BAC Offenders

Efforts to Reduce Impaired Driving Among Hispanic and African-American Audiences

Getting Home Safely
    Jacqui ~ Rylan ~ 08.13.02 ~ 57.2lbs on 9/26/08 ~ Radian 65
    Join Starlight's Book Club, read your manuals! Car seats are cheaper than caskets & you can use them more than once. How much did your wedding cost? How long did it last? Does your child's safety seem more affordable now?