Help me with my sienna and 6 seats!!!

christineka

Following my thread about sitting a booster on the third row middle seat seatbelt anchor, I moved seats around and talked to the older three kids.

I put a rfing radian in the third row, middle, next to a rfing radian on the driver's side. 5 year old has been in that seat on the driver's side. I can't reach that seat at all now. 5 year old can buckle and unbuckle herself completely without help:)

3 year old goes in the other radian. He can buckle the chest clip and that is it. I can't put him on the driver's side because no one would be able to get to him to buckle him.

5 year old is nearly 6 and desperately wants to ride forward facing. There is no tether anchor on the driver's side. I've had her ffing there before and I am okay with her in the radian, untethered. The problem would be getting into her seat. She can't get to the back from the driver's side because there's a parkway sitting on that seat. The seat back does not tumble at all with the parkway sitting on it.

Dd could go in the passenger's side, over or under the rfing radian to get to her seat.

I moved the bodyguard to the second row, passenger's side seat. With that seat in position with belt through the belt guide and one side clamped, it's going to be tough to get behind it. The rear-facing seat I have left is the true fit with anti rebound bar. That bar doesn't allow the seat back to move a smigeon. I'm inclined to stick 9 year old in the third row because she can and is willing to buckle and unbuckle 3 year old.

7 year old hates the bodyguard. It's hard to get to the seatbelt buckle while on the captain's chairs anyway and ds is not known for his super buckling skills. I'm inclined to put him in the regent. If the regent is on the outside seat, that seat back isn't going to tumble at all.

10 year old is willing to ride in the regent if I get another plush cover as we used to have. While she has inches of room in the harness uninstalled without the recline bar, I think she's fairly close to outgrowing the seat when installed.

9 year old now insists she needs a plush parkway. It's easier to buckle. (And comfortable.)

A backless booster is an acceptable choice for my 10, almost 11 year old. She fits in the highback, though, and I made the effort to go get her a parkway and get a cover she liked so that she could ride in a high back booster. I'd like to keep her in it until outgrown if at all possible.

To recap,
My kids are: 16 months, 3 years (33 pounds), 5 years (35 pounds), 7 (55 pounds), 9 (65 pounds), and 10 (65 pounds).

Available seats (and no, I'm not buying any more...unless I sell something)
two radian 80s, true fit premier, regent, parkway, two vivos, bodyguard, cosco backless, and two literiders used for hitching rides.

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

I haven't tried the radian ff in the van yet. Will it go in well in the center of the third row ff? You could then have a parkway, driver side, ff radian, rf radian.

Will the truefit fit next to the regent in the second row? Then a booster outboard passenger.

Oh, what kids fight too much when next to each other?

christineka

I haven't tried the radian ff in the van yet. Will it go in well in the center of the third row ff? You could then have a parkway, driver side, ff radian, rf radian.

Will the truefit fit next to the regent in the second row? Then a booster outboard passenger.

Oh, what kids fight too much when next to each other?

The radian fits fine ffing in the middle spot. When I bought the parkway I stuck it back there, next to the radian like that. Dd could not buckle or unbuckle very well. In fact, I had to reinstall the radian after dd unbuckled it- and I have the sticky velcro on the buttons. Soft for driver's side and scratchy for middle.

The true fit fits next to the regent in the second row.

For fighting, I would prefer to keep 5 year old and 7 year old away from each other. One day we were driving while those two were verbally fighting. I looked back to see 7 year old leaning in his booster towards 5 year old and 5 year old in her harness with her leg on top of 7 year old. They were naturally fighting about how they didn't want to touch the other.

christineka

Will one of the backless boosters be easier to buckle there?

The hamony is easier. Heck, it can even fit in the middle spot, but it is still a bit difficult to buckle. I'm going to go put the regent on the driver's side, the parkway on the passenger's side, make sure the seat is pushed all the way forward and then see if kids can get into the back. 5 year old might on the other side if I get the seat pushed all the way forward. (I need to remember to loosen the rfing tether before moving the seat forward.)

I like the idea of putting 7 year old back in a harness. He's still wiggly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC