recaro start

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
It will fit even tiny 4yos very well. It fits the 9 month olds it was originally marketed to in Europe very well too.

I have a Start and I honestly don't know why the price tag turned me off for so many years. Worth every penny. My kids fight over who gets to use it.

fyrfightermomma

I have one I Never use but always wondered about the expiration thing. I have an almost 4 year old and 5 year old I could get pics in.

agurlsride

I've put my 4yr old in our Start, he fits fine as long as the seat is adjusted so that his knees bend at the end, otherwise he tends to scoot down until they do. I don't have a pic right now as we are in Vegas but I'll try to get one when we get home.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The seat is so adjustable, it's super shallow for a little kid, and super deep for a big kid (ie, I can't imagine a 4 yo having to scoot forward to get their legs to bend...?). My 11 year old is using ours now, I used it for my 3 yo with the shield last year before she was 40 pounds (imported from Europe, not legal here, but nice for younger FFers).
I've made the parental decision to adhere to the no-expiration status (it's just not in the manual, or on the seat, period, just a date of manufacture), but 10 years is a good limit that's always been a rule of thumb for older seats, so I may stick with that. I dunno, it's the only seat I have found that fits to the top limit (22 inch shoulder belt guide) in the back of my van, so I may just keep using it as long as I have the van, unless the Euro-improved version makes it here to the state, I think it probably has better-designed headwings (as most seats seem to get as they evolve...heck, my first Start in 2000 didn't even have headwings, lol).
I'd be particular about the history of a seat that's used, the frame is designed to absorb and deform on impact, IIRC, so I wouldn't want one that's been in a crash.

The seatbelt lock can be nice for younger kids, but is a royal pain depending on the seatbelt geometry of the car, for older kids (not required to be locked, but when they pull the belt out it often self-locks and gets stuck...I may not even be checking to see if my 11yo has hers in use right now, but the belt fit is good and the mandatory top tether is in use, so I have no concerns about that).

lauralou

It is new.Never opened.Purchased a year ago.He has twins.The parents didnt know any better and bought them for small babies and He doesnt want to use them,so they are selling to purchase marathons.Kind of lucked up on it.Its black.

lauralou

He works for my dad.Here is the site he purchased them from.I believe there are some left if anyone needs one.Only 149.99
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Recaro-Start-Booster-Car-Seat/dp/B000ENNDGQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=A12ALEWRULDYKI&s=generic&qid=1288210917&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Recaro Start Booster Car Seat - Midnight Flash: Baby[/ame]

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
$53.98 for shipping, wow. Still less in total than the more typical price/MSRP for a Start, though.

lauralou

Yeah.Its alot,but like you said still under cost.I give 98.00 for mine.But thats b/c there is no shipping .Im gonna pick it up.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
ARGH that's the cover I want.

*does not need new cover does not need new cover does not need new cover*

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC