Extreme Home Makeover

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
I was just thinking about this (its a slow day at work today:rolleyes: ) They often buy the homeowners new cars, but no carseats that Ive ever seen. Wouldnt that be great if that was included as well. Nice seats that fit the car and the children. They could show all of the kids harnessed...and I am sure that the new homeowners would be super receptive. I dunno, like i said, slow day at work:p

ADS

cpsaddict

This is one of my favorite shows and I have thought the same thing! So many kids could be harnessed again or in boosters in those new shiny cars.

It's slow for me today, too! I am laminating what seems like a million equipment tags(I work at a tractor dealership). BORING. ;)

Ali

Yes, and in the limo too! It drives me nuts to watch the families in the limos all jumping around (when the limo is moving).

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I *have* seen families on that show use car seats in the limos. At least once, they were using Britax seats! It was Season 1 or 2, probably.

Ali

WOW! I must have missed that episode. There was one this season where the dad was holding a toddler as they drove down the road. I know limos have different regulations, but that had to be illegal!

kelly

Wasn't there one where the kid was in the limo unrestrained and the dad was a widower b/c mom died in a car accident? I swear I remember that.

Me? I don't like the show. My husband worked on one (20-some hours straight!) a couple years ago and my brother in law on another recently and, well, neither ended well behind the scenes.

I just can't stand all the crying during the airings! I love houses and remodeling and helping the families, but gah. The crying "stars" just get to me. We only saw a few episodes leading up to the one my husband worked on and were burnt out quickly and stopped watching it altogether. We didn't even bother to watch the one my BIL worked on. :eek:

broken4u05

I never really got into the show. I like seeing the end though because i like to see the house how it changed but the whole show bores me

cpsaddict

What make of tractor dealership? I hope they're green machines ;) .

This is funny. The dealership is Case IH, BUT my family farms 1000 acres and all we own is green! We have thirteen John Deeres total. We would never buy a red machine, but the JD dealership wasn't hiring. Plus, our store is also the local feed store, so I do much more than just tractors. I am the office manager. :thumbsup:

ThreeBeans

Me? I don't like the show. My husband worked on one (20-some hours straight!) a couple years ago and my brother in law on another recently and, well, neither ended well behind the scenes.

Io

Can you tell more? I'm curious about the 'real story'. :)

beeman

This is funny. The dealership is Case IH, BUT my family farms 1000 acres and all we own is green! We have thirteen John Deeres total. We would never buy a red machine, but the JD dealership wasn't hiring. Plus, our store is also the local feed store, so I do much more than just tractors. I am the office manager. :thumbsup:

Thats funny. As long as you're not a family outcast because you work for Case. Sounds fun.

Melizerd

We had EMH in our area a few months ago (I live in Wisconsin). They were about 20 min from me. The family had older children so there were no carseats. After they film the part about them driving away though they actually stop the car to belt everyone in. The part you see on TV is only about a block drive for the cameras. The camera man then gets out of the car so the family can actually go where ever they are going.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC