wet feet and car seats?

Cryssy Jane

So I just can't take of all the kiddos shoes and put them all in seats, just to put shoes back on, it takes up way too much time. However if they were muddy I would do so. For just wet feet what do you recommend using on the vehicle seats?

Pops has grey leather seats, and while they wipe down easily he gets really OCD if there's any dirt marks on them. I typically don't use the headrests, but I think I found an arrangement for the current kids where I could put 2/4 back on. We tried old shirts last year but pops didn't like the way that looked.

I was thinking of something like [ame="http://www.amazon.com/SafeFit-Kick-Mats-2-Pack-Grey/dp/B000TVGQGC/ref=lh_ni_t_"]this[/ame]? He would like something that blends into the interior, and didn't like the ones that were similar but clear plastic :rolleyes:

ETA: all kiddos are RF!

ADS

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
We have these. One in my car and the other in DH's car---one seat in each car. Instead of putting it on the back of the front seat, it goes against the seatback of the rear seat before installing the car seat. It's no thicker than a t-shirt, possibly thinner. I'm not sure how water repellant it's going to be, but I think it helps with the dirt.

We have cloth seats. My car is 5 yrs old and DH's is just under a yr. I wish we had gotten them sooner.

Susan

Cryssy Jane

I do know how to put them on, I was just curious if anyone had used them and the thickness or the material. hmmm

Auntie2Avi

I used one with Avi but it was on the back of the front seat because he was FF. I could try it with the TF RF if you want and I could take a picture. The weather is nasty out right now but if you want I could try in the next few days. I'm not sure what would happen to the extra material, I think you might need to cut them shorter.

I have a 2008 Toyota Corolla btw.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I picked ours up at BRU. If you're local to one, you could check them out before you buy.

Susan

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I didn't need to trim them. I use it with both the TFP and the GMR. I did have to wrap the top straps around the head restraint poles to shorten them up before velcroing though. I have a Chevy Malibu Maxx and DH has a Hyundai Elantra.

Susan

NannyMom

I have something similar that I used last winter, or the year before. It's a canvas material I think. It has elastic that goes around the vehicle seatback at the top and bottom.

ETA: I misread your reply and thought you said "I don't know how to put them on"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC