Where can I rent CARES from?

::er!ca::

We're going back to Disney at the end of February and I think I want to rent a CARES for my youngest instead of taking her car seat, since we use Disney's transportation and don't need a car seat for a vehicle. I need suggestions on a reputable place to rent one from. She'll be a few months shy of 3 years old on our trip, and is currently 32 pounds and 36 inches tall. CARES is appropriate for her, right?

ADS

aeormsby

I know there are quite a few rentals on Ebay - that's where I was looking before I realized it made more sense for us to buy one (long trip, and we usually fly multiple times a year).

My DD was about the same size as yours when we first used the Cares, it fit her well. It is more comfortable if you have a blanket or jacket that you can fold and put behind their back for extra support.

ninejr

There are people on here who loan theirs out (at least in Canada there are). We ended up deciding it was better for us to buy one as well.
A was that age and size the first time she used it. It is nice for the most part, but she kept sliding down under the lap belt and I spent most of the 4 flights reminding her to sit up so that she wouldn't slide down so far. It also didn't support her as well as her car seat would and so she had trouble sleeping (when we fly with her car seat she sleeps most of the flight).
All that said it is very convenient and I will be using it again and am still glad we purchased it.

::er!ca::

I borrowed one from a friend for our trip to Disney World last year, ask your friends and get the word out maybe a friend of a friend would have one! lol

My dd was a bit heavier and taller but it worked great! Here are the pictures.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=101267&highlight=cares

Thanks for linking to the pictures! We're not going until the end of February, and she grows like a weed. I'm sure she'll be taller by the time we go.

Does anyone have negative feels about CARES? And if so, why? I just want to see opinions on all sides (if there is another side) before making a final decision between CARES and a Scenera.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC