she does have a point

ADS

Morganthe

UGH! I would NOT be laughing if my kid said that.... :(

Call me a dittohead here, but I'm in complete agreement. I wouldn't be thrilled if she said 'kicked his butt' either. But that's just me.

Dd might say 'She'd Battle a monster' if one came in her room :p

That's agreed upon euphemism for dh's SCA fighting hobby. She loves watching him 'battle practice' as he and his cronies smack one another around with very large rattan 'swords'. :rolleyes:

broken4u05

I dont really think she will stop saying it because she laughed about it. It was funny because it was not my kid but i would be upset if it was mine

Melizerd

Ya I wouldn't be happy if it was my kid, but it's funny because it's someone else's.

Sometimes its hard not to laugh when kids say inappropriate things.

abckidsmom

I'm with the others. Not really amusing to hear the words coming from the little girl, but the meaning is really cute.

Around here, we don't even say "butt."

I love when little kids talk about stuff/people "coming out of the movies."

broken4u05

HAHA the boys know the word butt because we say he is a stinky butt but when teaching him we say bottem and we stopped saying butt when they started saying it

oxeye

Yeah, I don't think that was handled well at all! I might be laughing a little bit inside if my DD said that but I would make it clear that it is not acceptable to say things like that.

That kid is just going to keep on saying it because she knows that her mom thinks it's funny.

A kid swearing once or twice is going to happen - but I don't think it's funny when little kids swear like sailors (I've heard it WAY too much around here) and I don't want my kids hearing it from other kids.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
She looks pretty confused as far as why her mom was laughing...it made me a little sad...it definately wasnt the way i would handle my dd using that kind of laungage. however, mommy instincts aside..it was cute

broken4u05

She looks pretty confused as far as why her mom was laughing...it made me a little sad...it definately wasnt the way i would handle my dd using that kind of laungage. however, mommy instincts aside..it was cute

She did look confused

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Ugh. It was cute, but sad. Each time she said @$$ she had an obvious expression of consciously deciding her oppinion on the word based on mom's reactions -- which were confusing.... At first she looked like she new it wasn't a good word to say & then kept going because mom was giving positive feedback. The girl is cute, but I don't think the interaction was cute at all.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Sounds like Kick his Ask, funny, but definetely can't laugh it front of the kid!

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
We do say "butt" around here... :eek: But after two adults telling Nolan that's not a nice word, we've tried not to say it. I agree that's it's not polite, but I don't agree that it's a *bad* word. A friend of mine from Canada asked if it was a Georgia thing (I'm a Ga native)... :confused: My FIL assured me it is not just a Georgia word. I actually curse like a sailor but have curbed that since Nolan was born. So I guess I don't see "butt" as being all that bad. :rolleyes:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Butt, booty, bottom, rear, behind -- all are better than @$$

To us ... the key to whether or not something said is unacceptable other than an obvious swear/curse word is the intent: talking about gum on your booty/butt is *so* different than telling someone you'll beat their booty or that they're a butt head :rolleyes: There's also a limit to how much butt/booty talk is acceptable: little kids can just get outta hand, so we teach moderation. Intent + moderation ;)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
That's the one I forgot, LOL -- Leila says "bum" during imaginary play with her dolls ... she suddenly becomes British :p

beeman

Well, kids see, kids do. I've seen kids in grad 1 or 2 swear (and older), but I've noticed that swears are used in their home or by their family quite often (either parents or older sibblings :eek: ). It's scary what some people consider acceptable language in their homes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC