Would You Buy a New Maestro?

Westgre

After evaluating my situation for weeks and checking seats IRL, I had decided to buy a Maestro to replace my CarGo, which will expire in December. Now, I'm not so sure. DS will be three months shy of 5 years old in December and is 37" and 36.5 pounds right now. I don't like how he fits in the Nautilus and can't squeeze a Frontier in the budget. So, I'll probably get an EFTA instead. He fits well in the seat with a lot of harness room left. And DH liked the no rethread harness and knob adjustment. But the Maestro would last us longer. Would you trust a new Maestro?
Thanks!

ADS

pepsicola

I heard that Evenflo will be permantly attaching the metal fix plates around the adjuster area in newer Maestros. I would feel just fine with one of those units.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I recently bought two new (Sept 10 DOM) Maestros for my nephew. I have no problem with him using them, and will have no qualms about my DD1 using them when she visits my sister. :twocents:

Kayleen

Check the expiration dates on any new maestros you see. after the recall, i went to get a new one until my fix came through, but the three that we have in town here had 6 yr expiration dates not 8 yrs. The manual still says 8 yrs, but the seats were stickered for 6yrs (as well as the warranty card).

Based on this mis-information, and the recall, i opted not to get the seat again. Target had the Nautilus on sale and that's our primary seat so I got one of those.

Mommy2Marcus

Check the expiration dates on any new maestros you see. after the recall, i went to get a new one until my fix came through, but the three that we have in town here had 6 yr expiration dates not 8 yrs. The manual still says 8 yrs, but the seats were stickered for 6yrs (as well as the warranty card).

Based on this mis-information, and the recall, i opted not to get the seat again. Target had the Nautilus on sale and that's our primary seat so I got one of those.

The seat still has an 8 year life span, it is just stickered wrong. Mine is also stickered at 6 years, but I called customer service & they said it is indeed 8 years.

Pixels

I trust a seat that has had a problem identified and fixed. In some ways, I trust it more than a seat that has never had a recall. I would have no problem putting my child in a fixed or post-recall Maestro, if she was FFing.

Kat_Momof3

I would definitely... the maestro was a very new seat... if you look, you'll find most seats have at least one recall in the first year or so after they are released... simply because they are new.

DahliaRW

Yup, if I needed one I would. But I don't! I do have a recalled seat with the fix and I still use that one.

tl01

I agree. They need to get things straightened out. It isn't that hard to get all your printed materials to match. If they want me to use the seat properly and read the manual, then they better take the time to get it right first.

flutie128

I would use the seat for DS if he needed another seat and was under the weight limit. He currently weighs 52 pounds so the seat in not an option for us.

pj2rc

I think that's an Evenflo problem in general. I had Evenflo Titans a few years ago that had the wrong expiration dates ... I think they said they expired 4 yrs after DOM. After reading info on this site, I realized that was odd .. emailed them and they verified the expiration dates were wrong.

tl01

I think that's an Evenflo problem in general. I had Evenflo Titans a few years ago that had the wrong expiration dates ... I think they said they expired 4 yrs after DOM. After reading info on this site, I realized that was odd .. emailed them and they verified the expiration dates were wrong.

Makes me wonder why they still can't get the expiration dates correct!

Kayleen

Makes me wonder why they still can't get the expiration dates correct!

That would make me even more leary of sticking with them knowing that. It's one thing if it's a recent issue on some new seats but if this has been going on for years, what else are they slacking on? Are these seats really safe for 8 years or are they just throwing that out there to be consistant?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC