Welcoming everyone..

smurf

Hi Terri,

I thought I was the only person form Quebec on this board! (I'm in Montreal, BTW).
I am Erika, a health care professional, currently on maternity leave with DS#2, now 10 weeks old (and will be off work for 11 months, yay!). I've been interested in child safety for a few years now, and more so since I found this board. I'm very happy about this Canadian sub forum!

My biggest hope for the future is for TC to approve harnessed seats to 65 lbs!

ADS

canadianmom2three

I can not believe I didn't notice this sooner!! I'm Amy mom of three in Ontario. DS (10, 80lbs) rides in the belt, or backless booster for long trips, DD (7, 70lbs) rides in an evenflo confidence booster,and DS (4.5, 47+lbs) rides in the Radian. Really I've just stopped weighing him, he will be 47lbs until he is too tall for the Radian, or 65lbs becomes legal here - but I did just change his seat from LATCH to seatbelt just in case he may possibly be approaching 48lbs:p . I have learned so much from this place, and am delighted that non-us residents have our own little corner of the world now.

I love my seats, just wish I had known more about CPS when all the kids were younger! I do wish that seats like the Radian and Marathon were usable to their 65lb limit, but at the same time, I think about how top teather is mandatory here, so maybe we're not sooo bad off after all...

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Just want to comment on many people's wishes to have TC change the harness weight limit from 48 to 65 lbs and having more seats with high harness like the Regent, etc.

When (and I say when instead of if) TC changes the weight limit, it all depends on the carseat manufactures to decide to bring their seats with higher harness seats into Canada or not. It's basically down to business decision for these companies if their investments in testing new and existing seats to Canadian safety standards would be worth it or not. Our market is often seen as a small market, yet the cost of bringing a carseat (or any product) into market can be higher than the returns.

Long message to remind all of us not to forget lobbying the carseat manufactures too and not thinking that TC is the only organisation to our wants/needs for higher harness seats.

BudgieStew

Hi Erika,

We lived in Montreal until almost 2 years ago when we moved North to the Lower Laurentian's for DH work and to be closer to the IL's. I am originally from Nova Scotia though.
DH just took a new position that is based out of Montreal. So although we plan to stay here for a while, we do plan on moving closer to Montreal again to cut down on commuting time and for the kid's schooling(mine too lol).

DH left this morning for James Bay for a week with work so I am going to get a taste of being a lone parent with two small and spirited children off and on now. My day started at 5am this morning....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC