Graco MyRide

U

Unregistered

I have a Graco Myride for my DD and I am having 2 issues and looking for suggestions. Thankfully she still fits in her bucket seat so for now we have gone back to using it.

The first issue is that no matter what we do when cannot get the straps tight enough. She is RF'ing and I plan to keep her that way as long as possible. At 12 months she's 17lbs. so she will be RF'ing for a very long time and I cannot deal with this issues for that long.

The second issue is that everytime I go to tight her the plate that hold the strap pops out of place and the only way to get it back is to uninstall the seat, unscrew the plate and put it back in place. I'm sure this is not suppose to happen but I am wondering if they is something I am doing wrong? Would this be an issues that would warrant returning the seat?

I love the seat and so does DD but these issues are not something that we can continue to deal with. The problem is I bought the seat back in May (I believe) as it was on sale at the time. We tired it in our van and all was well so I thought. We tried to use it this week for the first time and discovered these issues.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hi and welcome to the forums at Car-Seat.org.

Ok, when you say the plate that hold the straps pops out of place, do you mean that it goes above the plastic plate where it's normally behind and then you have troubles getting it back under?

The My Ride has multiple loops on the harness, I'm assuming at your daughter's size that she is using either the 2nd from bottom or the 3rd harness slots, which means she should be using the middle loops. If the straps accidentally got re-attached on the longest length instead of the middle loops, that could be why they're not tightening enough.

Also, where are you checking for tightness? The straps should be snug at the hips, and you shouldn't be able to pinch a horizontal fold in the harness at the collar bone.

I'm somewhat confused about the needing to unscrew a plate, perhaps if you're able to take a picture of the area you're talking about it might clarify things a little bit.

featherhead

Ok, when you say the plate that hold the straps pops out of place, do you mean that it goes above the plastic plate where it's normally behind and then you have troubles getting it back under?

The My Ride has multiple loops on the harness, I'm assuming at your daughter's size that she is using either the 2nd from bottom or the 3rd harness slots, which means she should be using the middle loops. If the straps accidentally got re-attached on the longest length instead of the middle loops, that could be why they're not tightening enough.

Also, where are you checking for tightness? The straps should be snug at the hips, and you shouldn't be able to pinch a horizontal fold in the harness at the collar bone.

I'm somewhat confused about the needing to unscrew a plate, perhaps if you're able to take a picture of the area you're talking about it might clarify things a little bit.

My guess is the plate by the harness adjuster. I think I remember one or two others who had that problem. OP, I would call Graco about it. It is definitely not normal to have to screw your seat back together every time you use it.

U

Unregistered

My guess is the plate by the harness adjuster. I think I remember one or two others who had that problem. OP, I would call Graco about it. It is definitely not normal to have to screw your seat back together every time you use it.

That's the plate I am talking about. When I pull the strap to tighten the harness it pops out and the only way to get it back in is to unscrew the plate, put it back in place and screw it back in.

I am checking for tightness at the collar bone and can easily pinch the strap. I'm almost certain the straps are on the middle loops but will double check tomorrow.

U

Unregistered

Yes

U

Unregistered

Hello, I'm not sure why I would call Transport Canada? What can they do for me?

sparkyd

You should defnitely call them because they need to know about the problem you are having. I suspect they actually will be able to help you as well - I would call them. Today.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC