Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

Best price on Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe?

Is it Albee Baby that has the cheapest price on the FPSVD right now? $129.99 with free shipping? And are these the ones with summer 06 dates of manufacture (or are all of them summer 06 DOMs)?

A friend is ordering one for her RF 2yo to replace his Touriva. Actually, I think the FPSVD will become his primary seat, the Touriva will go to grandma's car and the overhead shield Scenera (bought before I had any input, LOL) that's currently in grandma's car will be retired.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Best price on Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe?

http://www.specialtybaby.com/fiprsavodeco1.html

I got this one (black/taupe) at albeebaby in February for $149.99. DOM is July
    2006. It's a nice seat - easy to install and use. Super-fast free shipping, too!

babycenter.com has the same color in stock for $143.99 and free shipping.
    DS1 - 7.5 yrs, 56 lbs, 50" - Compass B510 Booster or Graco Turbobooster
    DS2 - 5 yrs, 45 lbs, 41" - Britax Husky, Graco Nautilus, Compass B510 Booster
    DD - 17 yrs, newly licensed

Great, thanks! That's the one that's down to $129.99 now, so she's saving a bundle. She's so excited!
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

That is the cheapest I found.

Have it sitting upstairs, ready to ship back since ins is paying for 2 MA for me

So is this one black and tan, not black and silver?
    ~Jenny

There are two stickers with dates on them on my seat. one is on the bottom of the seat. and the other is on the back. I can't quite describe where they are, because the seat is out in the car, and I'm too lazy right now to go out and look. But they have two different dates on them and they are two different kinds of stickers. One was identical to a sticker that was on the registration form and the other was just a date.
    apparently, people put stuff here.
    imagine:
    photos of my extremely adorable spawn.
    their stats and a
    witty quote.

posted from my computer using the internet...
    Super SEEEEKRIT stuff here.

Carseat Crazy

I just noticed this post added to the carseat review forum regarding the FPSVD--sounds like good news! I checked the babyuniverse site and the current price is $139.99 w/free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by sshen81 View Post
    I purchased a Fisher Price Save Voyage Deluxe from babyuniverse.com about a week ago and it arrived today. These definitely haven't been discontinued. The one I have has a manufacture date of 3/12/2007 (just a couple of weeks before I ordered it). It seems they're still being produced, but it might only be available on special order from retailers.

I saw the seat in person at a local brick & mortar, and was a little bit concerned about the seat cover quality. I decided to go ahead and buy the FPSVD, figuring I could always get a Marathon seat cover to replace it. I was pleasantly surprised when the seat arrived because the cover fabric on this seat was far better than the floor model I had seen earlier. From what I can tell, the seat looks great and will provide a long period of use for my son. I really like that it's made by Britax and at $129.99 (after an online coupon) shipped, I can't complain.

I hope this is useful information for anyone considering this seat and having difficulty finding it.
    DS1 - 7.5 yrs, 56 lbs, 50" - Compass B510 Booster or Graco Turbobooster
    DS2 - 5 yrs, 45 lbs, 41" - Britax Husky, Graco Nautilus, Compass B510 Booster
    DD - 17 yrs, newly licensed

That's where I got mine. The order went through on Monday, it arrived Thursday. I'm still not sure if I like it or not. lol
    I think I'm going to have to removed the harness covers, because they get in the way, and I keep accidently twisting the harness. (And we've only used the seat, gosh, 4 times.)

Still deciding if it's compatible with my car rear-facing. lol

BTW, the seat, the warrenty card and the box all say that the manufacture date is March 2007. So I'm still confused as to what the other sticker is for.
    apparently, people put stuff here.
    imagine:
    photos of my extremely adorable spawn.
    their stats and a
    witty quote.

posted from my computer using the internet...
    Super SEEEEKRIT stuff here.