tattoos

broken4u05

I want to know how everyone feels about tattoos. I am going to be getting one of a butterfly for a little boy i used to take care of. We are making a butterfly garden at a local library for him and i made stepping stones with lines from the book goodnight moon and than a butterfly as well. That is the butterfly i want to get. I will post a photo later when i find the cord to my camera. But what do you think about tattoos

ADS

beeman

I'd say if you want it, go for it. Just remember though, as you and the tattoo get older, it will loose it's vibrant colours, and may sart to sag. It just won't be as nice when your 60 or 70. Have fun for now though!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I don't have any tattoos, but most of my friends/family have at least one tiny one.

I don't know. I'm not a fan, but if the tattoo truly means something to you (which it sounds like it does in this case), I guess it isn't too bad.

Yoshi

I am personally not a fan of tattoos- I think the body in it's unadorned state is the most beautiful. I am over 40, so that probably has a lot to do with it, LOL. I am pretty conservative, but even in my 20's, it wasn't popular like it seems to be now.

My concern would be this: I can't even stand to look at the same curtains for more than a couple years, tops- I can't imagine getting something permanent on my body that I would still like/want YEARS and YEARS and YEATS later.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I love tatoos. I have one, a dragonfly that is on my back on the right side. It sits right above my low rise jeans. Perfect place to hide it if I had to go to work.

I'm almost 39 and I got it when I was 35. It was my rebel thing that I did when my older three kids and I left my first husband/their father. I didn't tell the kids that I did it but when we were all rough housing my older son saw it and almost freaked out. I told him it was a wash off one and it didn't fool him at all. He knew. :p

My mom is 56 and she has one on her ankle and my sister is 37 and has 5 of them. I don't think it matters what age.

I am definately going to get another one sometime.

broken4u05

I think i want it on my ankle. This is the butterfly i made and that the tattoo is going to be made to look like
th_butterfly.jpg

tiggercat

I have one tattoo, and I love it. I got it as a reminder of something for myself and it means a lot to me.

I'd like to get another one that represents my children in some non-obvious way. I'll probably wait until I'm done breastfeeding through.

amy919

I have no problem with tattoos. I have two of them myself. I have a daisy on my lower right hip area that I got when I was 18 and a butterfly on the center of my lower back that I got when I was 25. Since I'm 31 now, I've had them both for a while ;) and still like them as much today as the day I got them.

I'm currently designing my next one. I want a band around my ankle. I'm trying to come up with something to incorporate the girls' names into it.

All in all, it's a personal decision. My husband has about 7 or 8 tattoos and Kaylie has already asked when she can have a "real" one. I also have absolutely no problem with my kids getting tattoos when they are of age.

Amy

scatterbunny

I love tattoos. :D I technically have five, but two of them are made up of two separate tattoos, I just decided to add on to two existing ones.

I have a blue and purple butterfly on my right shoulderblade. That was my high school graduation present to my myself. :p

I have a purple and yellow flower on a tribal-looking vine on my right ankle. Four years later I had a fairy added, just her upper body, peeking out over the top of the flower. Later I plan to have more flowers and vines and fairies added; my lower right leg will look like a flower garden full of fairies. :)

I have a crescent moon with an almost hidden face in swirly purples and whites on my outer lower left leg. Last year I had a bunch of random, hand-sketched stars added all around the moon. I only had enough $$ to cover the outlines and a bit of shading, though--no color. I hope to get that added in the next year or two. It looks pretty blah with only the black lines and some shading.

I also want to someday get the tree of life in the center of my back, and add to the existing butterfly already on my shoulderblade. I envision the tree of life with all kinds of winged creatures fluttering around it.

Yes, I know tattoos are for life; yes, I know they can have social implications; I'm okay with that. I love the way skin looks covered in art. I'm a modest dresser; I can cover every tattoo I have, and will have in the future, for occasions that demand it.

I say GO FOR IT, but be sure you know what you want. Most of mine were done with very little planning. I knew I wanted a butterfly, for example, but I just walked into the shop, picked through the book and chose one I liked. Same with the fairy and moon. The flower and vine were drawn for me by the tattoo artist, the stars added to my moon were drawn by the tattoo artist. I sometimes wish my picked-from-the-book tattoos were a little more personalized, a little more unique, just for me to have. But that's okay, I don't regret any of them, not even a little bit.

Splash

I once was in Publix (grocery store) in line behind a 60-70 year old woman.

Her wrist said "sexy"

Her upper arm said "sweet *****"

That about sealed the deals for tattoos for me. Forever.

And no, these weren't recent ones for her. They were done in the old style green and had already begun to sag and distort. It was a bit hard to make them out.

lovinwaves

For some reason I find tattoos gross. I don't know why, but that's my opinion. Whenever I see a girl or guy with them I just think "ew". Maybe it has something do with with the way I was raised... My parents would have killed me if I ever got a tattoo. Even as an adult I think my parents would look down on me. I was raised extremely conservative with high morals, values, ethics, and standards. <--somehow tattoos seemed to fit in there according to my parents.. :confused:

My husband even finds them disgusting. He said he would never date a girl with a tattoo. When we met he said he was instantly attracted to me because I had a very natural beauty, and didn't have any fake nails, fake hair, tattoos, belly button ring, fake boobs, lots of makeup, well you get the picture. And same with me, I could NEVER date a guy with a tattoo. It would be a MAJOR turn-off to me.

scatterbunny

LMAO! Yeah, stuff like "sexy" and "sweet *****" are things that a young woman is likely to regret in old age. My entire life I've been drawn to celestial things, winged creatures and nature. I know I will love having this art on my body the rest of my life. Saggy skin and all. :p Also, most people don't realize that if you get color touch-ups the tattoo WILL look fairly fresh always. I've never bothered with touch-ups and frankly, all of mine need it desperately.

broken4u05

I love them but i want one that means something that is why i want the butterfly. What do you all think of the photo? do you think it will look ok as a tattoo?

broken4u05

LMAO! Yeah, stuff like "sexy" and "sweet *****" are things that a young woman is likely to regret in old age. My entire life I've been drawn to celestial things, winged creatures and nature. I know I will love having this art on my body the rest of my life. Saggy skin and all. :p Also, most people don't realize that if you get color touch-ups the tattoo WILL look fairly fresh always. I've never bothered with touch-ups and frankly, all of mine need it desperately.

I love fairies so much. and love nature things too. I know one that i will get later will be a fairy

scatterbunny

For some reason I find tattoos gross. I don't know why, but that's my opinion. Whenever I see a girl or guy with them I just think "ew". Maybe it has something do with with the way I was raised... My parents would have killed me if I ever got a tattoo. Even as an adult I think my parents would look down on me. I was raised extremely conservative with high morals, values, ethics, and standards. <--somehow tattoos seemed to fit in there according to my parents.. :confused:

My husband even finds them disgusting. He said he would never date a girl with a tattoo. When we met he said he was instantly attracted to me because I had a very natural beauty, and didn't have any fake nails, fake hair, tattoos, belly button ring, fake boobs, lots of makeup, well you get the picture. And same with me, I could NEVER date a guy with a tattoo. It would be a MAJOR turn-off to me.

LOL! My mom raised me to have very high morals and standards, too, but somehow I became a liberal, free-thinking, hippy, artist-loving, slightly rebellious person. :p It's just who I am at heart. I still have high standards and some conservative family values, but overall I am still a natural/hippy, socially liberal, tattoo-loving girl. :)

Mark was attracted to me because I was natural, didn't wear jewelry, didn't wear make-up, didn't use hairspray or take time to do my hair (other than throw it up into a ponytail, wet), didn't wear nail polish, all of those things. I only had one tattoo (the butterfly) when we got together almost nine years ago. He has no tattoos. But he doesn't mind my tattoos. If he felt strongly against them, I'd definitely take his feelings into consideration, and wouldn't have my big plans for future tattoos. But he doesn't mind. To him, it's my body and I can adorn it how I see fit. He knows I'm not going to go to the extreme (which I know to some my ideas ARE extreme), tattoos on my hands or covering my whole body. I get them where they can be hidden if I choose to hide them.

arly1983

I almost got one when I graduated high school. The friend who I was going to get one with had a sister who was pregnant. The sister heard us talking about it and made us look at hers....She had a sun around her belly button and a star on her upper left breast.....Well, she was seven months pregnant at the time and her belly and breasts had grown and both were stretched and mis-shaped.....
So we decided to get our tongues pierced...Well, the guy in line in front of us was gettting his toungue pierced.....Lets just say it was an experience I will never forget...So we didn't get our toungues pierced but instead got our belly buttons pierced....
Now seven years later and we both have kids and our belly button piercings (an my ears) have closed up....
I am actually a little weepy now that I am remembering this....oh, how young we were...

arly1983

Actually, tattoos on a guy are a major turn-on for me....:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC