shell heights

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
can anyone tell me which 40lb+ RFing seats have higher shells? I know the CA, and RN are high, but I need to expand my options.

DD is 35lbs, 2.5yo, 37 inches tall and has 2 inches above her head in her Myride. So I need to prepare to buy a new seat to replace that one. IL's also want to get her a seat for their car, something that will last a while. They arent very happy abotu the cost of the CA65 and the tech price on the Radian.

ADS

HayleyCPST

The EFTA65 rf to 40, but has similar Shell height to the MR. I'm assuming the proride is similar to the signo also.

How much time do you think she has to RF in the MR?

You may need to look into combination seats.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
EFT65 is taller than the MR by an inch or so.

Why not a regular CA rather than a CA65?

Wendy

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
I thought the ProRide only FF to 35lbs? I'm not ready for her to FF, at all. At this point it is just not an option I am even going to consider.

She has an inch before she has outgrown the MR by height.

I'm willing to consider the regular CA but they are the same price at our BRU and MIL would like something that will last longer. Sinc emy DD generally tends to be heavier rather than taller I figured the higher weight limit may suit us better.

MIL would also like to use this seat for my nephew. I know the CA is not a good fit with newborns, any idea about what age they usually DO fit?

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
Well the EFTA65 is out because its so short, I hated the CA's because they were a PAIN to install in MIL's car, and really can they make that RF beltpath just a little harder to get to?:thumbsdown: FIL couldnt even get his hand in there, heck I could barely get mine. It was one of the hardest installs I've hadlately and I'm not confident that the grandparents could install properly...it took me multiple tries in both RF and FF modes.

The RN is still a remote possibility...going to play with mine in their car this afternoon.

I normally wouldnt have even bothered, but trying to expand my options I put Bella in the Momentum65. She wouldnt cooperate, so we didnt drag it outside last night, and I know its not one of the highly recommended...why? I like the infinite harness, it looked to have more height than the EFTA65, is it only the price? If we are going to spend $200 I'd rather go for a Radian, but if the RN doesnt fit well this could be an option.

I think I'm inventing my own Radian Bubble... I keep coming back to it. Of course I know better, I just LOVE this seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC