RA and RA50 difference?

Cilia

After reading this in the 3 across thread
2004 Toyota Matrix. I am a tech.

Two Roundabout 40s, middle and passenger side, forward facing with seatbelts and tethered. Combi Coccoro rear or forward facing behind the passenger, also with seatbelt. Three independent installs. In fact, the Roundabouts didn't touch.

Wendy

I have to ask - how much different is the RA from the RA50? Could I get a Coccoro rf next to a RA50 in a Matrtix? Either one can be outboard or in the middle.

ADS

Cilia

The RA50 is the same shell as the classic Marathon.
Yes, I am aware that the RA50 and the MA have the same shell. Is the RA50 base the same as the RA? And how would the RA50 puzzle with the Coccoro in a tight place like a 3 across in a Matrix? Not at all or pretty good?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The RA40 and RA50 and Classic MA all have the same bases. The RA's are missing the metal bars on the sides for the LATCH, which may make them a touch more narrow in that one area.

Cilia

The RA40 and RA50 and Classic MA all have the same bases. The RA's are missing the metal bars on the sides for the LATCH, which may make them a touch more narrow in that one area.

Thank you for this clarification! I have always thought the RA50 and MA looked so similar and could not really figure out what was wrong/different (apart from the obvious like the metal bars and lock offs). Now I know.

lovinwaves

Thank you for this clarification! I have always thought the RA50 and MA looked so similar and could not really figure out what was wrong/different (apart from the obvious like the metal bars and lock offs). Now I know.

The RA50 reminds me a lot of the Fisher Price Safety Voyage Deluxe :)

CarseatphotosJune2007022.jpg

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
OK, a anew one. What makes the old style bvld different from the MA/RA50?

In talking old styles, the only difference is the BV's had the dialing headrest/harness height adjuster. Exact same shell, base, bars on the side as the MA :thumbsup:

HayleyCPST

OK, a anew one. What makes the old style bvld different from the MA/RA50?

The BLVD has the harness connected to the side wings, so you don't have to re-thread. You just turn the knob on the side and the harness moves up/down.
The MA and RA50 are essentially the same. They both required re-threading the harness.

Cilia

OK, so the gn should puzzle well with a rf RA50?

Not that it is necessary just yet, but that way DD1 could get a new gn and DD2 could go in the RA50.

HayleyCPST

How much does DD1 weigh and what slot is she on in the RA50?

ETA: the GN should puzzle well with a RF RA50/MA/BLVD/DC...etc It would probably work better with a FF RA50 though.

Cilia

How much does DD1 weigh and what slot is she on in the RA50?

ETA: the GN should puzzle well with a RF RA50/MA/BLVD/DC...etc It would probably work better with a FF RA50 though.

She is just over 30 lbs and on the second to the top slots.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC