I think I need another car seat

dragonfly8

well, I think I need another Radian, but don't have the extra $$$ to buy one at the moment.

Right now, I have 2 vehicles, one is a huge suburban and the other, a vintage:p1990 ford tempo. I drive the tempo most days, it's so much more economical than the suburban.

3 people need to sit in the back seat, and so far it's been working fine, I have K RF behind the passenger seat in his TF, C FF in the center in his RN, and my 105lb 10 year old sits behind the driver.

When I turned the TF ff yesterday (for yesterday only), it would not go right beside the RN. It was the upper part of the TF that would not allow for it to fit up against the RN. Sure, my 10 year old *could* sit in the front of the car, there are no airbags, but I like him in the back. Way safer in my opinion.

Plan is to keep K RF as long as possible, he still has another 4-5 lbs to go before he hits 35lbs.

I *could* go buy a cheaper seat to allow for them both to be FF when the time comes, but what?

ADS

dragonfly8

No airbags? Put the RFer in the front for now and save up for another Radian.

Really? I just don't feel it's safe enough (even though statistically it probably is) having my 2 year old in the front seat with me.

I'll keep my eyes open for a great radian sale.
Hopefully there is one soon!

dingohate

Really? I just don't feel it's safe enough (even though statistically it probably is) having my 2 year old in the front seat with me.

I'll keep my eyes open for a great radian sale.
Hopefully there is one soon!

www.juniorbaby.com has the Radians on for 249.00 for the premier and 279.00 for the XT. If you sold your TF (you could probably fetch 100.00 for it) that's only the cost of a new TF :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC