Kia Sedona?

scatterbunny

So I thought I was all set to get a 99-01 Windstar, but then found an 02 Sedona in my price range. I read a bit on Edmunds.com and kind of liked what I read...so now I'm confused. I don't think the Sedona gets as good of crash scores from IIHS.

What do you all think?

ADS

groovymom2000

Hmmm...I know that the current model year gets rave reviews, but you're right--I'm not so sure about 2002 model. I just glanced at it--how does it compare to the Windstar's rating in the year you're looking at? Also, when did Kia institute the 100000 mile warranty? (Although I am assuming the 2002 would have more than 100000 miles, but then, my car is 3 years old and I have 35000 on it...)
My neighbors have a new Sedona and love it. We had one as a rental last year and it was ok--I'm not a huge fan of minivans, but it was ok. It was GIGANTIC inside! LOL--it seemed as though you could camp out in that thing!

teekadog

It's my understanding that the 02 Sedonas are very different from the newer models, safety wise. I was so excited to see an 05 Kia Sedona for $15,000, but then read up on the safety features and decided it wasn't worth it. The buzz on the newer models is hot so it's easy to get excited, but you're talking 2 different birds. At least that's my impression and the decision I made, but I don't know anything about Windstars.

southpawboston

yes, there's no comparison between the 02 and 06 sedonas... completely different animals, and the pre-06's had major reliability problems. and the 100,000 mie powertrain warranties were only for the original owners... second hand buyers forfeit it.:(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC