Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

3 across in car - what would you recommend?

After eliminating several vehicles that just won't work, we are having a hard time finding one that will.

I currently have 2 kids.
    My daughter is almost 3, forward facing and my son is 10 months and I'd like to keep him rear facing as long as possible. I'll be getting new car seats for this vehicle.

We would like a car that will fit three car seats. That way if we are lucky enough to get and stay pregnant a third time, we will not outgrow the vehicle. Or if the kids want a friend etc, we will have the room.

This vehicle is mostly for me to commute to work. It will be our second car. We have a 2005 Grand Caravan that we use for everyday driving.

Any recommendations?

Our budget is about $15000 and we want it to have less than 80000km/50000 miles.

Being able to fit a stroller in the trunk would be nice too but is not necessary since my son would rather be in a carrier and my daughter HATES strollers. :-)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 3 across in car - what would you recommend?

It might be helpful to look through this very long successful 3-across thread. it might give you some vehicle ideas which might fit within your budget.
    Katy