Evenflo Tribute Vs Britax Roundabout ***PIC HEAVY***

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I ordered an Evenflo Tribute to use for our youngest as a spare, to replace the Keyfit. She was asleep when it came, so I decided to play car seats with my twins to show how it really stacks up.

Stats: Age: 3yrs 5mo. Twin #1 is 35lbs (height unknown ATM on both boys, sorry!) and Twin #2 is 28lbs. Yeah, serious size difference!!

My quick review: Easy to install. Easy to adjust. Fits both boys very well with room to grow. ;) Smallest twin has OODLES of room (even fits rf'ing ;)) and would realistically make it to 5.5-6 in this seat. The bigger twin, would likely fit until 4.5-5 by height, but may outgrow it by weight first...and he is NOT chunky. ;) So, even though they say it has 14" harness height (I have not measured it yet), we clearly have a TON of room. I like this seat MUCH better then the Scenera and although I'm spoiled by Britax's features, fabrics etc...you can't go wrong with this seat for the price. It's definitely a budget friendly seat that I think will meet the needs of a lot of families.

Biggest twin has outgrown the RA by height several months ago (he's pretty average for his age). Littlest twin has a smidge of room left. So, IMHO, the Tribute will get AVERAGE sized kiddos to booster age of 5yrs.

On to the pics!!!

The big twin!!
TributeVSRoundabout001.jpg
TributeVSRoundabout012.jpg

TributeVSRoundabout002.jpg
TributeVSRoundabout010.jpg

The little twin!!
TributeVSRoundabout004.jpg
TributeVSRoundabout014.jpg

And rear facing in the Tribute!
TributeVSRoundabout008.jpg
TributeVSRoundabout009.jpg

If you want/need any other comparison pics, let me know!!

Last edited:
ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I think it sits a little deeper. They seem to have more support under their legs when FF. My littler guy had no problem fitting rf'ing in terms of leg room. Though he's never been bothered by rf'ing in the MA either.

HayleyCPST

Cute kids! Love the glasses and goggles ;)

could you please measure internal seat height--from where their bottom sits to the top of the shell? Also maybe harness height measurements would be good.
Thanks

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Cute kids! Love the glasses and goggles ;)

could you please measure internal seat height--from where their bottom sits to the top of the shell? Also maybe harness height measurements would be good.
Thanks

All measurements are NOT compressed.
OK, from seat bottom to top of shell is 21"
Seat area is approx 12" across.
Shoulder area is approx 12" across as well.
Seat depth is 11"
Inner most crotch buckle position is 4.5"
Outer most crotch buckle position is 6.5"

And harness heights
8", 10", 12" and 14". Again, not compressed. BUT, despite the 14" harness height, my kid who is on the top slots of a DC has about the same amount of growing room as he does in the Tribute. Compressed, I do get nearly 15" for the top slots. I figure it's the more upright design of the seat, but even still, it appears to be comfortable enough for snoozing. It doesn't sit as upright as the Radian (which BTW only gives him about 1" more in torso room).

Last edited:

myliljunebugs

You are totally awesome! I was worried about what seat to give SIL (since Ella is nowhere near ready for full time boostering after all, so I guess we will be keeping the RN for now) and this seat should definitley fit the bill! :D

HayleyCPST

All measurements are NOT compressed.
OK, from bottom to top of shell is 21"
Seat area is approx 12" across.
Shoulder area is approx 12" across as well.
Seat depth is 11"
Inner most crotch buckle position is 4.5"
Outer most crotch buckle position is 6.5"

And harness heights
8", 10", 12" and 14". Again, not compressed. BUT, despite the 14" harness height, my kid who is on the top slots of a DC has about the same amount of growing room as he does in the Tribute. Compressed, I do get nearly 15" for the top slots. I figure it's the more upright design of the seat, but even still, it appears to be comfortable enough for snoozing. It doesn't sit as upright as the Radian (which BTW only gives him about 1" more in torso room).

Wait, I'm a little confused. Are these the measurements for the Tribute?
Very interesting considering I measure Roundabout's tallest slot is around 15....And your "big twin" seems to have more room in the Tribute. You sure it's only 14?

Thanks for doing all that!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
You are totally awesome! I was worried about what seat to give SIL (since Ella is nowhere near ready for full time boostering after all, so I guess we will be keeping the RN for now) and this seat should definitley fit the bill! :D

I may be coming to Tulsa this weekend, if you want to play with it. ;)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Wait, I'm a little confused. Are these the measurements for the Tribute?
Very interesting considering I measure Roundabout's tallest slot is around 15....And your "big twin" seems to have more room in the Tribute. You sure it's only 14?

Thanks for doing all that!

Yep, those are for the Tribute. He has completely outgrown the RA...did that several months ago. But has plenty of room to grow in the Tribute...I give him a solid year of torso room. It's more upright then the Britax seats which gives more room despite the technically lower harness slots. I find the Tribute to be comparable to the Britax DC in terms of usable harness heights...both boys have about the same amount of growing room in each. Maybe a smidge more in the DC, but only a smidge...I'm talking maybe 1/2" difference at most.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Oh, and if the littler twin were to use the seat FF, he's actually use the 3rd slots...as they were a smidge above his shoulders. He has a solid 2" of growing room in this seat, if not more. And at almost 3.5, I would say that should get him to 5-6yrs old. He is the exception though, as he's tiny. The larger twin, while much bigger then his brother, is far more 'average' with a fairly long torso (top slots of Radian etc) will last until at least 4.5 if not 5 in this seat.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks! I always am recommending this seat to people now, even though I measured it the other day and the shell and strap height are definitely about 1/2/-1 inch shorter than the Scenera (I had them side by side...well, the Onside Air, which is an extra padded scenera). I like the flip foot for RF so much better than the wide open gap under the seat situation in the Scenera. My only problem is? It's this horrible bland hard gray 'chalkboard' cover that no one really wants, so they splurge on the Titan right next to it. (which is squishy and cushy and has about the same measurments, but kids seem to outgrow so much sooner).
Back when the Tribute had only 3 strap slots, 30lb RF limit, and a metal plate adjuster, it was basically icky, but now it's so nice (the loss of that half inch or so doesn't bother me over the scenera, obviously because it doesn't seem to matter, as in your pics, but because the market I'm selling to isn't going to care if a seat keeps a kid RF past a year or harnessed past 3ish...if they want a bigger seat, the Triumph is right next to it to do that ;)).

ETA, oh, and it also has EPS foam, which is missing in the Scenera...

myliljunebugs

I may be coming to Tulsa this weekend, if you want to play with it. ;)

Oooooh, I may have my babysitting kids at that time! I really need to get the little girl something since Dad won't. When she is with me she uses Ella's RN because while she is almost 5 she is probably 30lbs soaking wet and is in a backless booster :thumbsdown: at least it is one rated from 30lbs but ack! Don't even get me started on the fact that everyone else in her life puts her shoulderbelt behind her....:eek: Do you still have my cell #? If not it is in my info page on FB

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I don't think so. And we don't use the pads, so we certainly could have gone with the WalMart one. It probably would have been cheaper! Oh well.

mytwobugs

I haven't seen it in person, but from the pictures it reminds me a lot of the old version Titans that we had. They also had the magical property of my kids fitting in longer than seemed possible given torso and slot heights.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC