I saw my first Britax today!

beeman

Ok, that sounds bad for how long I've been on this board. But anyways while I was stuck in traffic today, the old station wagon next to me had a RF Britax, which I assumed to be a Marathon, in the backseat. And from what I could see, everything looked right. The straps were tight, the angle looked good, and it seemed to look secure. It was so nice to see a good seat used properly :D !

ADS

remken

The only 2 times I have seen a britax seat here in real life besides mine were also in old cars also. Both cars where probably 80s models.

broken4u05

cool. It seems weird to me that some people have not seen them because they are everywhere here. Every babystore almost and i look at them all the time. They joys of a city (there are not many for me)

mamato2

I DO see MA's more often these days (was behind a Cowmoofloge today!) but the other day I parked at HEB and was next to a HUSKY! When I came out, on the other side of me was a RADIAN!! I did a double take and had to peek in the window to be sure. Who knows what people thought I was doing :whistle: .
C.

beeman

broken4u05, We've only have 2 Britax retailers in Saskatchewan right now, and they've only been a retailer for about 6 months, so Britax's haven't really caught on yet. Maybe I'll start seeing more now that we've got a place to buy them.

scatterbunny

I used to NEVER see Britax seats in my town, but in the last couple months I've seen 3 or 4, and 2 of those were Cowmoo Marathons! :p We live in a dairy-farming community, so it's not so surprising that the Cowmoo MAs would be the first Britax to really catch on here. :) But we're a really small, rural, poor area, so seeing Britax really excites me. The only stores within 1.5-2 hours that carry carseats literally only carry ONE infant seat, ONE combination seat, ONE highback booster and ONE backless booster. No convertible seats at all. :eek: Oh, and every one of them is a Graco (SnugRide, CarGo, Turbo). I guess they think kids can go straight from the SnugRide to the forward-facing CarGo. :(

Melizerd

I've never seen one IRL either. Supposedly the BRU closest to me has them. It's over an hour away though. I hope they actually do have them in stock so I can play with them before I buy from somewhere else.

ThreeBeans

I'm always perplexed when I peek in the windows of 40,000 dollar brandy new cars and see ancient, expired seats improperly installed :confused:

jennsmile

I DO see MA's more often these days (was behind a Cowmoofloge today!) but the other day I parked at HEB and was next to a HUSKY! When I came out, on the other side of me was a RADIAN!! I did a double take and had to peek in the window to be sure. Who knows what people thought I was doing :whistle: .
C.

Okay where in Texas are you? HEB is a dead give away.
I am in central texas near fort hood and have a Husky and tomorrow I get my radian.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Ok, that sounds bad for how long I've been on this board. But anyways while I was stuck in traffic today, the old station wagon next to me had a RF Britax, which I assumed to be a Marathon, in the backseat. And from what I could see, everything looked right. The straps were tight, the angle looked good, and it seemed to look secure. It was so nice to see a good seat used properly :D !

Isn't that exciting!? Wait til you get to play with one it's even better :D I noticed that our Toys R Us in Winnipeg carries the MA again :thumbsup:

Amaris

Okay where in Texas are you? HEB is a dead give away.
I am in central texas near fort hood and have a Husky and tomorrow I get my radian.

I was wondering the same thing. We were in southwest TX for a while.....in Laredo. I hardly ever saw carseat actually installed in cars.....and most certainly never a britax!

cmm7

I see them not often, but it isn't really rare. One day I was walking down Main St. and I saw a van door open and inside were TWO Regents! I was SOOO excited! I had only seen one Husky before that.

MA seem to be pretty popular here. Used correctly? No idea since I always see them empty.

Oh, I have to say the most excited I got was when I saw a Recaro Young Sport! It was just a brief sighting, but I was so excited I walked into a telephone pole. hehehe

i see them quite often , but i did get complimented yesterday by the cop who pulled me over LOL...he looked in the back and seen a RF 18month old, a RF 9month old and a 5 yr old in a safe seat 3 and said that i did a awesome job with my carseats. (btw , i got pulled over because my brake light, he let me go with a warning ):thumbsup:

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Oh, I have to say the most excited I got was when I saw a Recaro Young Sport! It was just a brief sighting, but I was so excited I walked into a telephone pole. hehehe

LOL! Thanks for sharing that! I'm very sick today (stomach bug?) and that made me laugh out loud... :)

mamato2

Jennsmile, I am in Austin. Depending upon where you are driving or more so where you are parked you can see a variety of seats. HEB is NOT where I usually see 'high end' seats.
CMM7, that is too funny! I 'think' I saw one in the parking lot of dd's pre-school but not sure. I'd love to figure out a way to know whether I was right and get to take a 'real' look at it. (Maybe have dd sit in it too!)
One thing that puzzles me is how often I will be talking to someone and when I refer to the name of their child's seat they often don't even know that's what it is. IE 'I see you have the kids in matching Marathons.' 'What's?'
C.

cmm7

LOL! Thanks for sharing that! I'm very sick today (stomach bug?) and that made me laugh out loud... :)

Sorry you are sick, but I'm glad I could make you laugh! :) Today is actually the first day I've gone without a nap since last Thursday. I've been pretty sick with a nasty cold that wouldn't go away.

And, mamato2, I know what you mean. S and Z's family gave me the funniest look when I asked where they stored their Nania Airways (in case I ever needed one for whatever reason). They had no idea what I was talking about.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC