Sometimes - Graco Scares me with their pictures

Kat_Momof3

okay... in what world do they think this is acceptable (I'm not even sure the kid is 40lbs)??

Last edited:
ADS

Pixels

Other than the potential 40 pound issue, I don't see anything wrong. Belt is properly routed through the belt path. The armrest blocks view of the lap belt placement, and we don't have a good view of shoulder belt placement, either.

Mae

Other than the potential 40 pound issue, I don't see anything wrong. Belt is properly routed through the belt path. The armrest blocks view of the lap belt placement, and we don't have a good view of shoulder belt placement, either.

But the point is ... it's a car seat. With a 65 harness weight limit. Can't they just, oh, I don't know ... use a model that's OVER the 65 lb limit? Thus, making them too big for the harness, leading them to the next step (booster)?

Ugh, it bothers me too. :rolleyes:

Angela

You notice in one of the last smallest pic on the side that there's a girl in the harness that looks bigger than this one. Maybe they could've switched models for those pics.

NannyMom

Her knees don't bend over the edge of the seat. Is that an unwritten rule with boosters? Otherwise the child will scooch down, just like a child that doesn't 5-step. I've seen it written in threads where people post their 1 year old in a booster (just for a pic, not for a ride!) and say "it's scary how well it fits..."

Kat_Momof3

that's what drove me crazy... not that she looked BARELY like she could be 40lbs... but that then that tiny pic (which was the ONLY one of the 3 that you can't click on to view full size... instead, it took you to the main product page for the nautilus)... has a child way bigger using the harness... honestly, I would have liked to see this little pig-tailed girl in the MIDDLE pic (instead of the tiny boy who looks like he should still be rearfacing), the child from the third pic using it as a hbb... and a kid who was visibly over 8yrs old and over 80lbs using it as a backless booster (aka... a kid too big to use it as a highback or who you would let pick which way he used it)

Kat_Momof3

Okay... it got scarier... same kid... same parent... turbobooster... backless... you can clearly see that shoulderbelt is nowhere NEAR her shoulder.

Last edited:

babyherder

Why bother buying a $150 (or more) backless booster for your 3 yr old???? If I wanted a backless booster I could get one for a lot less.

StPaulMom

:thumbsdown:
I was at BRU the other day and one of the HBB (evenflo, maybe?) had a picture of a BABY on the packaging. Like, a 7 month old baby. For a booster. And we wonder why parents are confused! :doh:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC