News Graco Recalls Quattro and MetroLite Strollers Due to Risk of Entrapment and Strangulation

rachelandtyke

I guess we'll get the repair kit in case we ever sell the stroller. It's not even being used at the moment anyway (and I know how to buckle DS in it :rolleyes:). I wonder how many people are going to actually use it?

ADS

BrendansMommy

Well it does say "do not leave child unattended" right on the stroller. At least the strollers I've had have that warning on them.
Personally, I don't think leaving a child for 15 seconds is parental negligence, but only in a safe enviroment. And I don't consider a room with a open stroller to be safe. They can tip or roll or the baby can get caught in them.
So, yes, I still consider this recall parental negligence, and not Graco's problem.

See this is where ideal conditions and reality collide. Am I going to collapse the stroller down when we get to the park or on the sideline of the soccer/football/baseball field, so it can get completely covered in ants? No. Would it be ideal for a stroller to be collapsed and neatly put away every second it's not being used? Of course, it would. Do I think it's realistic to expect it? Absolutely not.

I don't know why I'm even saying anything about it since I don't have one of these strollers. I guess I'm just tired of seeing people jump all over "irresponsible" parents for every little thing (not just here, every where, this just seems to be newest thing in the "mommy wars").

P1ally

Uh, yeah *raises hand* I forgot to buckle DS in one time in target because he was asleep.. Next thing I know, the stroller got hard to push- because he was hanging out of it! :eek::eek::eek: I could totally see how kids could get strangled this way.. He woke up and wiggled his way down in total silence, and it about 2.5 seconds! I was obviously horrified, and cried all the way home..

So yeah, persistent negligence is way different than someone making a mistake.. :twocents:

mom2juliarose

Is anyone getting notices about this recall although they never owned either model? We had a Literider stroller and Snugride for DD that was manufactured in 2004. We purchased it at TRU in-store. I know we registered them, and I got a Graco notice in the mail about this recall. But then today, my brother got a notice from Amazon referring to an old order of his and giving all this recall information. The thing is, he never bought anything Graco-branded for DD from Amazon. I know it could be something he ordered for my niece, but again, it seems odd (and the Amazon order # is too old for him to look up). Obviously we'll disregard them as we don't own the items, and never had, but was curious if anyone else was getting notices?

Jennifer mom to my 7

See this is where ideal conditions and reality collide. Am I going to collapse the stroller down when we get to the park or on the sideline of the soccer/football/baseball field, so it can get completely covered in ants? No. Would it be ideal for a stroller to be collapsed and neatly put away every second it's not being used? Of course, it would. Do I think it's realistic to expect it? Absolutely not.

I don't know why I'm even saying anything about it since I don't have one of these strollers. I guess I'm just tired of seeing people jump all over "irresponsible" parents for every little thing (not just here, every where, this just seems to be newest thing in the "mommy wars").

But, are you going to take your eye off your kid (or your stroller for that matter... especially if you own a high end one) at the park or ball game?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC