News Graco Recalls Quattro and MetroLite Strollers Due to Risk of Entrapment and Strangulation

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Entrapment and strangulation can occur, especially to infants younger than 12 months of age, when a child is not harnessed. An infant can pass through the opening between the stroller tray and seat bottom, but his/her head and neck can become entrapped by the tray. Infants who become entrapped at the neck are at risk of strangulation.

More...

ADS

zactayaus

I'll have to check my Quattro later today, but seriously, why don't people buckle their kids in.:rolleyes:

I was actually standing right there when this happened to my friends kiddo. He was about a year and a half old, not buckled in, and mom wasn't paying any mind to him. I looked over and he was literally hanging from the tray of his Quattro by his chin.:eek: I quickly helped him out and told mom what happened and that she needed to make sure he was always buckled so it wouldn't happen again. She didn't seem phased by it at all.:(

3acorns4Christy

I'll have to check my Quattro later today, but seriously, why don't people buckle their kids in.:rolleyes:

I was actually standing right there when this happened to my friends kiddo. He was about a year and a half old, not buckled in, and mom wasn't paying any mind to him. I looked over and he was literally hanging from the tray of his Quattro by his chin.:eek: I quickly helped him out and told mom what happened and that she needed to make sure he was always buckled so it wouldn't happen again. She didn't seem phased by it at all.:(

I don't get why this is even a recall, people should buckle in their kids and it wouldn't happen.

My SIL had the same thing happen to her son and all she said was "well maybe he'll learn to sit still." yea, just buckle him it's not that hard.

ntrenary

recalls due to parental negligence I swear some parents need to get brains!

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this! It goes along with the Maclaren and sling recalls. Parents need to watch their kids when they're opening and closing ANY stroller and check on a newborn in a sling. Geez!

BrendansMommy

My 18 month old monkey boy can crawl into the stroller and slip back out under the tray in less than 15 seconds. It's not always parental negligence. Well, unless taking your eyes off your kid for 15 seconds counts as negligence. :rolleyes:

ntrenary

My 18 month old monkey boy can crawl into the stroller and slip back out under the tray in less than 15 seconds. It's not always parental negligence. Well, unless taking your eyes off your kid for 15 seconds counts as negligence. :rolleyes:

Well it does say "do not leave child unattended" right on the stroller. At least the strollers I've had have that warning on them.
Personally, I don't think leaving a child for 15 seconds is parental negligence, but only in a safe enviroment. And I don't consider a room with a open stroller to be safe. They can tip or roll or the baby can get caught in them.
So, yes, I still consider this recall parental negligence, and not Graco's problem.

Kobain's Mommy

I agree if a child is buckled in then there wouldn't be a problem. I guess to me it's just like car seat safety. If the child starts unbuckling you need to correct it right away. My god daughter used to get out of her while we were walking in the middle of the street. Her mom did nothing but just grabbed her hand and kept on walking not saying a word or putting her back in the stroller when they got back to the sidewalk.

I'm curious as to what the "repair kit" is?

restraints.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC