I have this ancient car seat..

JennG

It is quite old - used to hang on the back of a bench seat, and the baby would sit up in it. Anyone have any idea how old it might be? It was given to me to have to presentations or clinics to show how far we have come with seats, but I know nothing about the seat other than it was made by J.O Newell in Toronto, Ontario.

ADS

TerisBoys

My guess would be 50's.

ETA - you might PM Classicseats or oh, who's the other one(something-collector)? They'd know.

henrietta

Actually, my friend who is in her late 30's rode in one of those when she was a baby! So, early 1970's! Now, who knows where her mom got it from??? It may have belonged to one of her nieces or nephews from a few years before or bought at a yard sale. But I do suspect it was new, b/c I've heard the story of that carseat a hundred times since my friend and I had children of our own. Brandi was so tiny, that she used to slide out of it on turns, and her mom would tell her older sister to feed her M&M's to get her to try to sit up! LOL Our parents have lived next door to each other for 20+ years.

henrietta

amelia222

that looks exactly like what my grandma described that her kids rode in. They were born in the 50s/early 60s

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
My brother was born in '65 and had a brand spankin new seat...and it was light years ahead of that one. So I would say that has to be from the 50's, maybe early 60's. No way that's from the 70's!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC