The original Australian bucket seat

Joddle

For anyone who may be interested...
This is the original bucket seat made in Aus.
It's been around for at least 20 years as I was in one when I was a baby.
A few changes here and there, and it's still being produced today and STILL receiving the top scores in safety testing.
This one is an ex-hire I purchased ( I know the history :) )
Manufactured October 2005, with a 10 yr expiration.
H: 485mm, D: 545mm, W: 430mm.

Last edited:
ADS

AmieRubyJonah

I had that seat for my now 6yo DD. I hated it with a passion. It was awkward to put in and get out, the handles were ridiculously thin and killed my hands, and I dispised using it.

I had a much nicer and easier capsule for DS, it didn't have as good safety ratings as the polo though.

In the 0.01% chance I ever have another baby, I would get a maxi cosi cabriofix.

Joddle

Yeah I didn't particulary like using a friend's one a couple of years ago. But this one will be staying in the car, or only going inside if bub (7 months old) is sleeping, so vary rarely thankfully!

Neatfreak

My oldest daughter has been in one of those; we took her to see her Aussie relatives when she was four months old. The capsule confounded me at first, but in the end I thought it was clever. It's also what led me to buy a convertible back in Canada that could be tethered RFing.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oooh, my godmother's baby rode in one of those (a rental from the hospital, too, of course)...I'm trying to remember what year, must have been 1985 or early 86. It was better than what her 1984 older sister rode in...A sideways basket with a seatbelt-material net over it (that was just bizarre, I think these capsules were out before then, I don't know where gm found that contraption, and the baby hated hated hated it, lol).

pepsicola

Is this only a rear facing seat? And from what I heard, babies in Australia have to be turned around 12 months b/c no car seats rear face longer. So what kind of seats do they ride in afterwards?

Joddle

It only has 2 slots because it can only be used RF up 9kg an 70cm length. And yes the highest RF weight here is 12kg, but even so the majority of parents turn their kids between 6-9 months as that's our minimum. After that its FF until 18kg, then no choice except go to booster. Some 2.5yr olds are 18+ kg and their only option is a booster! Makes me so angry.

finn

My friend is in aus and absolutely hates the car seat laws with a passion!! I think she will end up importing an illegal seat to rf longer and just hope that she doesnt get caught.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC