Which countries erf?

ADS

mumof2

I'm from NZ and only know one person IRL who has rearfaced past 3 years. most people I know usually turn their children by 12-18 months. in my antenatal group all the mums had FF their chidlren by 12 months whereas my daughter was (and still is) rearfacing.

I do have to say though that I am glad we do have seats (albeit being expensive) that allow for ERF unlike Australia where you are basically forced to FF at 12kgs (around 12 months) or import and use an illegal carseat.

AmieRubyJonah

Haha yep as mumof2 said definitely nit us!! (Australia)

Everybody I know turned their kids by 6 months. (shockingly completely legal :( )

One of DH's friends have their 3mth old FF :eek:

Everytime we see DH's sister she just HAS to comment on DS (13mths) "oh, is he STILL RF? Poor thing, I turned C at 6 months!" like it's some sort of badge of honor and we are terribly neglectful parents.

Oops that turned into a bit of a rant.

mumof2

Everytime we see DH's sister she just HAS to comment on DS (13mths) "oh, is he STILL RF? Poor thing, I turned C at 6 months!" like it's some sort of badge of honor and we are terribly neglectful parents.

lol I must be a really bad mother rearfacing my nearly 3 year old :p

macmomma

Haha yep as mumof2 said definitely nit us!! (Australia)

Everybody I know turned their kids by 6 months. (shockingly completely legal :( )

One of DH's friends have their 3mth old FF :eek:

At 6!!! month:eek: OMGosh!
I know Germany does not but I heard the other day that they are finally starting to offer seats that have a higher RF limit....

BananaBoat

My Norwegian friend (who is kidless, but wanting to start a family soon) says in Norway they do pretty much the same as Sweden since they have the same seats. Wonder how accurate that is?

pepsicola

My Norwegian friend (who is kidless, but wanting to start a family soon) says in Norway they do pretty much the same as Sweden since they have the same seats. Wonder how accurate that is?

For some reason I was thinking this, too.

Even if not to the extent that Sweden erf, I am thinking there must be a country that most people rf thier kids to at least 2?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC