Carseats/Boosters in a Volvo XC90

2olives

I have a Volvo XC90 and plan to move my 3.5 yr old daughter from her Britax Marathon into a 5-pt harness/booster seat and my 8 month old son into her Marathon. I'm looking at either the Regent, the Radian 65/80 or Safety 1st Apex for her. I'm leaning towards the Regent, even though she's rather petite (36"/30lbs). I'd like to put the Marthon RF in the center and the Regent/Radian/Apex next to it (FF), but don't know how well they'll do side by side. I suppose I could use both outboard positions, but this makes access to my 3rd row next to impossible (Grandma has to climb through the rear hatch to enter, when she visits) and it's difficult for even me to squeeze into the middle between the two when we have an extra passenger (and I'm very petite). Any suggestions on which way to go. Ultimately I don't care so much about convenience as I do utmost safety, so I'll sacrifice the first for the latter if necessary...

Also, anyone have experience with the SafeguardGo Booster? I'm considering that for my husband's little car (Infiniti G35) so he can easily take it in and out when toting clients, etc. She very rarely rides in his car, so it wouldn't be her primary seat... Maybe the Apex would be better here, as it is cheaper?

Any thoughts would be helpful and appreciated!

ADS

gwenvet

You would definitely get the most life out of the Regent but I have no experience with the two fitting side by side. We had a Safeguard Go for about 2 weeks on trial and decided that we didn't like it. It installs MUCH more easily with latch than with a seatbelt but the top harness height I think is about 17". If you have latch and it's not her primary seat it's probably ok but I wasn't comfortable without any side shell.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC