CCO covers are being discontinued?!

Mae

What?! :eek:

I just wanted to chime in to say that Strawberry Shake, Cool Mint & Hazelnut Coccoros are already officially discontinued according to the Combi rep that Heather & I spoke with at ABC. And there are no new Coccoro covers coming anytime soon to replace them (we asked). So if anyone here loves either the pink or the blue one - I say get 'em now while you still can! HTH! Good luck!

Kecia

Did I totally miss some announcement?! :eek: What in the world is Combi thinking?!

ADS

crunchierthanthou

I'm sitting here chanting, "I do not need a blue seat for a theoretical child. especially when the redesigned ones will almost certainly be out before we even decide whether we're having one..."

long chant, but it's taking a lot to talk me out of buying the one in swap. :p

Aurezalia

I think she means the redesigned seats, the one that *may* be coming next year.

And :eek: at the news! So glad I have a cool mint, I guess... Crazy!

crunchierthanthou

right, Mae. but it doesn't make any sense to have an outdated seat sit around for a couple years just because I like Cool Mint the best. at least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Mae

right, Mae. but it doesn't make any sense to have an outdated seat sit around for a couple years just because I like Cool Mint the best. at least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Ohhhh, I read that as "redesigned ones" = "redesigned COVERS". Ok, ok, I see what you're saying. You could always buy JUST the cover. Then you aren't wasting a seat. :whistle: :p

Um, this makes me want to snatch that Strawberry Shake CCO for DNi NOW.

mommyof3tx

No....I'm waiting until Dec to find out what we are having, we have 3 boys and I'm dying to have a strawberry shake cco for this baby

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I understand discontinuing Hazelnut, but Strawberry Shake and Cool Mint? Whaaaa?

And call my cynical...but I question whether there will be a new Coccoro at all.

DahliaRW

Maybe the current covers won't fit the new CCO, so they aren't going to make anymore because why woudl they?

Mae

Maybe the current covers won't fit the new CCO, so they aren't going to make anymore because why woudl they?

But the only differences are (supposedly) a lower weight limit (3lbs?) and the addition of a rf tether. As far as I know, there is no major changes, so the covers should fit ...

Mae

Cool mint is my fav too. :( I was totally planning on getting that one if I had another, boy or girl.

I know. I want a Cool Mint. And Strawberry Shake (well, and a Key Lime ... :eek: I don't even HAVE a CCO, but ... you know ... :eek:).

skylinphoto

I was totally coming on here to be talked OUT of buying a seat that I dont need.
But, now you all have convinced me that I DO need it!
I want a cool mint one soooo bad and dh told me I could get one last night if I sell my recaro signo that we're not currently using.

I am quickly going to buy a cool mint cco now.

Cryssy Jane

I have a cool mint and hated strawberry shake so I think I'm ok for now. But if they came out with a purple color... I would NOT be able to resist.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I thought they were crazy for discontinuing SS & CM covers too but they said "Licorice" was their best seller. Go figure. :rolleyes:

ETA: looks like poohbearcrazy's Strawberry Shake Coccoro may still be available in swap for those of you who have access and are interested. It helps to support a member in need too!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Ironically, of my five Coccoro covers, Cool Mint and Strawberry Shake were among the ones I sold. I just didn't love them as much as my other two, but they're great colors.

I find it really hard to believe that Licorice is their best seller.

Someone should start a poll to find out what color Coccoros people here own. (ETA: I listened to my own advice: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=145362)

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Keep in mind that their best sellers are going to be whatever the retailers are ordering in larger numbers. At least 3 different CR manufacturers at the show told us similar stories about their most boring covers. Someone (I think it was at SKJP but I can't remember for sure) summed it up well when they said - the buyers come in, look at the full product display and say "wow! look at all these great colors" and then proceed to place orders for only the brown, grey and black ones. :rolleyes:

tl01

Ironically, of my five Coccoro covers, Cool Mint and Strawberry Shake were among the ones I sold. I just didn't love them as much as my other two, but they're great colors.

I find it really hard to believe that Licorice is their best seller.

Someone should start a poll to find out what color Coccoros people here own. (ETA: I listened to my own advice: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=145362)

We are loving the cool mint but might switch to chestnut for fall;).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC