easter-allergies-question?

ugh i did my easter shopping for the kids and i cant find anything for miles without peanuts or eggs involved i want him to get a chocolate bunny too but i cant find anything, i even called chucks,healthy foods..etc.

anyone know if the easter bunny has allergy friendly bunnies???

maybe ill buy him a big toy to focus his attention on rather than his siblings candy:shrug-shoulders:

ADS

Splash

ARGH!!!

I did this the other day. There was not a SINGLE chocolate bunny without eggs. Every one of them! I finally found one lame little bunny without eggs, and now I am worried he's mislabeled!

Sorry you're having the same problem. Good luck. If you find one, let me know! The one I have I got from Target. He's wearing a back pack. I think he's about 6 inches high. I wanted the super cool foot tall bunny, but he had eggs.

Loves2sing

Have you guys thought of going to a place like Michael's to buy a mold for an Easter bunny? It would be a lot easier to google chocolate recipes without eggs or nuts then find them in the store.

Splash

It's not the chocolate, it's the decorations on them. They all have egg in the decoration.
I could buy him a fancy chocolate bunny with no eggs. But I wanted the nasty cheap hollow tastes like wax bunnies that I loved as a kid :)

southpawboston

phew! i'm just so glad that our older daughter doesn't have nut or egg allergies... i don't know what we'd do...

to followup up on amanda's comment, you could probably also google some recipes for egg-free decorations. :shrug-shoulders:

Amaris

I couldn't find any and I looked at every one Target had! We are just doing jelly beans and little pieces of candy. I wanted the chocolate bunny but oh well!

Splash

Palmer Schoolmates
Hare E. Hoppsalot
E. for Excellent
Hollow milk chocolate
3.5 oz

Ingredients-
Milk Chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, whole milk, chocolate emulsifiers [soy lecithin and PGPR] and vanilla). Decorating coatings contain sugar, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (soybean, cottonseed, palm, shea, illepe, and/or cocoa butter), why, skim milk, whole milk, soy lecithin (an emulsifier), natural and aritificial flavor, and US certified colors (FD&C blue #1, blue #2, red #40, yellow #5 and yellow #6 lakes, and red #3). Product may contain nuts.

So... if you're dealing with a nut allergy, this one might not work (but almost everything these days says "may contain" or "processed on shared equipment") but this one is (according to the label) egg free. I've yet to see it on the recall list, either.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Why not keep candy out of everyones Easter Basket? My kids get no candy in their baskets.

Candy + Easter do not have to go together. It's healthier to avoid it anyways.

Splash

Because once a year it doesn't hurt a kid to get a two foot tall chocolate rabbit. It also teaches good moral reasoning. Should I prolong his life by starting with his feet, or should I end his suffering by chomping off his head?

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Because once a year it doesn't hurt a kid to get a two foot tall chocolate rabbit. It also teaches good moral reasoning. Should I prolong his life by starting with his feet, or should I end his suffering by chomping off his head?

It *can* hurt food allergic kids, which is why we keep candy out of holidays.

Splash

Oh I totally agree it can hurt kids with food allergies. Which is why I was so sad when I couldn't find one that had no eggs. I briefly (.005 seconds) wondered if I could removed the decorations and carve holes where they had been, but realized that I couldn't. Not only would it not be safe, what kid wants to get a Stephen King easter rabbit?
But completely eliminating the candy from all children is no more or less safe than feeding all the children safe candy.
Charlie does sometimes eat things that are processed on shared equipment. I wish he didn't, but this is something I have argued with my partner about ad nauseum. She doesn't take his allergies seriously, I do. So far, he's not had a serious reaction.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
what kid wants to get a Stephen King easter rabbit?

:ROTFLMAO:

This is one of those areas where there is no right or wrong. What's right for my family isn't for yours, I was just presenting another option to choose from.

Amaris

We can't have peanuts either:thumbsdown: We thought about not giving candy, but decided to give them a little each. They rarely get candy at all because Michael has very thin enamel on his teeth and lots of crevices so he's more prone to cavities. That combined with Isaiah's allergies mean not a lot of candy and snacks come into our house! A few times a year I guess is ok though.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I've had no luck finding an egg-free and peanut-free chocolate bunny. I usually fall back on plain Hershey's kisses in Easter pastel wrappings, and some new story books for Easter baskets. I also found some Cadbury caramel filled chocolate eggs (yum) that don't contain eggs or peanuts and don't have shared equipment warnings on the label.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
For easter, my kids are getting some good stuff...

Ds2, almost, but not quite 1, is getting some Gerber fruit snacks, a new sippy cup, some Girl Scout shortbread cookies, a tether ball, some little people, and an outfit.

Ds1, 5 yrs, is getting 2 Mack's from the movie Cars (one is a transporter, the other opens to allow Lightning inside), a Chick Hicks in an egg, and a Playmobil Barbarian set... Food wise, he'll get some Jelly Belly's and a huge easter bunny. I'd prefer to keep candy out of the equation, but my dh has to buy something, apparently.

I can't imagine having to be that nit-picky about the allergies. I'm sorry, ya'll.

southpawboston

Ingredients-
Milk Chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, whole milk, chocolate emulsifiers [soy lecithin and PGPR] and vanilla). Decorating coatings contain sugar, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (soybean, cottonseed, palm, shea, illepe, and/or cocoa butter), why, skim milk, whole milk, soy lecithin (an emulsifier), natural and aritificial flavor, and US certified colors (FD&C blue #1, blue #2, red #40, yellow #5 and yellow #6 lakes, and red #3). Product may contain nuts.

So... if you're dealing with a nut allergy, this one might not work (but almost everything these days says "may contain" or "processed on shared equipment") but this one is (according to the label) egg free. I've yet to see it on the recall list, either.

egg free or not, those bolded items would be enough to keep it away from this house.. :thumbsdown: damn, why does it have to be so hard to find good old fashioned candy??!! :mad:

skaterbabs

egg free or not, those bolded items would be enough to keep it away from this house.. :thumbsdown: damn, why does it have to be so hard to find good old fashioned candy??!! :mad:

bcause the FDA wouldn't let them be used if they were BAD!!! (what, sarcasm? just a little...)

CAEKWILSON

sorry i know it is really late to send this but i just saw this post, this place is where i order some of my dd low protein food, they have treats for all hoildays, here is the link to the easter candy! the treats change for each hoilday and the candy is egg and nut free! hth
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...dys+low+protein+food&svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&sa=N
ok that didnt work like i thought it would , you have to go to the back bar that moves and go to the end and click on energy option treats! sorry

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC