Question about a picture I saw

Dorothy

Anyone get Redbook? I was flipping through my September issue, and saw a pic of a car seat that looked strange to me. It looks like it has a LATCH strap adjuster under the chest clip. If anyone still has that issue, its page 91. Is something terribly amiss, or is this just a harness adjusting mechanism I'm not familiar with? Oh, and please feel free to point out the good, the bad and the ugly. As always, here to learn.

Last edited:
ADS

jsmom

Maybe an Evenflo? Im just guessing as I dont get the magazine but I know that some Evenflo seats had an adjuster on the harness.

Pixels

I don't have the magazine, but look at the Evenflo Chase. The harness adjuster is on the chest, just below the chest clip. It does a good job of preventing belly-button clips.

On the chase, there are two harness straps. One is pretty short, and goes from the right shoulder to the harness adjuster (and has half the chest clip threaded on). The other goes from the left shoulder, through half the chest clip, through one buckle, through the shell, under the bum, up the other side of the shell, through the other buckle, and to the harness adjuster. I've played with it in the store, and found that the harness took fussing with to get adjusted properly (had to help the slack through all that routing to get it evened out), and my 25ish pound, 3rd percentile 2yo has almost maxed it out by height. When she was 1 and 20, I could not adjust the harness tight enough (the adjuster was against the crotch buckle, and still too loose), and she was right at the bottom slots at that time. Moving up a slot probably would have used up enough slack, but then what's the point of having the bottom slots?

Dorothy

Yes, it is an Evenflo. Thanks for the info. I have never seen one of these perusing my limited local car seat selection. Interesting... Thanks again! Oh, and off-topic, I got a chance to see a CCO IRL yesterday. That HAS to be THE cutest seat ever! I wish I needed one...

Jocey'sMommy

haha I am so glad I saw this thread, I had never seen this before either but I don't really take time to look at seats like the chase or other FFing only seats ya know. A friend of mine has one that I glimsed at one day in her car and I seriously thought that she had somehow routed the tether strap into the harness slots, glad I haven't seen her again because I was going to say something and try to "fix" it for her lol:whistle: I now feel way better about her 1 1/2 yr old in this seat ( other than he is FFing, no RFing, but hey, you can't win all battles)

Dorothy

Ha, ha! That's what I thought- This has to be a seat I haven't looked at before, bc how in the world would you end up with a tether strap there? Ha, ha! I've only looked at infant and convertible seats. Well, I have friends with Frontiers and Nautis. Looking at their seats is the extent of my forward facing only seat experience.

Keeanh

Like this?

IMG_4973.JPG

That one's an Evenflo Express.

Dorothy

Kind of, but the adjuster was bigger. Looked like a push-button LATCH adjuster. I looked up the Chase per the recommendations, and I do believe that's the seat in the pics. Definitely interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for one in-store. I'd like to play with the adjuster out of curiosity (I'm not in the market for one of these).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC