so after months of obsessing . . .

Jocey'sMommy

I decided that at 3 1/2 and turning 4 in feb that we are now FFers :( DD is too close to the 33 and 35 lbs maximums on her MA and RA50 to RF anymore and hasn't been for about a month and I have decided on no more convertibles for us :( I really really really really want to still live in the convertible world but the only two seats that are really worth buying at this point are the Radian:thumbsdown: and the CA . . . both of which I kinda hate a little. The Radian is an install nightmare for the amount of car-seat juggling I do on a weekly basis right now along with the fact that I hate the tinsy tiny sides on the thing. I do belive that there is something to be said for deaper wings, I just do :twocents: lol And the CA just makes me cringe, I really do want to like that seat, with the headwings and the no-rethread harness and much taller shell and 40lbs RFing weight limit, on paper it could be my fav seat EVER lol but then I go to the store again and try it again and am so overwhelmed by that cheap lightweight dorel feel to it. I might get some heat for saying it but I feel better with a sturdier, heavier seat . . . I mean how is that thin plastic supposed to withstand all that force and pressure from the harness in a wreck??? really??? I mean maybe if they were made to be lightweight and engineered for that purpose or something, but no, they are made to be cheap so that everyone and their brother will be able to afford them so that over half of the world will own one :whistle:
SO . . . My dad bought Jocelynn a Nautilus to be a permanent seat in his car and we are going in install it in the morning and come feb when I get my tax refund I will be buying 2 frontiers and selling my 2 convertibles :( (maybe I will keep one just for fun lol)

So all I have left to obsess over is what color frontiers to buy:whistle: I am thinking a cowmoo and a pink sky :love: What girl wouldn't want those two seats lol.

I will miss you so much MA and RA50, you have served me well and had you been 40lbs RFing we prob could have been together for another 6months or so lol (sad thing is I always though my skinny little 5th percentile thing would have outgrown any seat by height long before weight, but guess what . . . she is my long legged, short torso'd model baby lol)

ADS

HayleyCPST

What about a multi Tech? ;)

To answer your questions, Not sure if they were rhetorical...but car seats don't absorb all the force, just most of it so that it's not transferred to the child.

Also, the Radian is very heavy and sturdy. I agree with you to some extent on the wings topic, but the Radian XT has great side wings. We are most concerned with the "wings" protecting the head mostly, not really the shoulders or the rest of the body. If you did want to keep her RF, that would be your best option.

Good job keeping her RF for so long!

emtb79

You dd a great job Rfing this long. Have fun on the obssesing of with color of frontiers. I say one of each.

ctbcleveland

I personally would not even consider another rear-facing seat if you made it past 3.5 years old. No need to obsess over the multi-tech, CA or radian. Great job!

Jocey'sMommy

Oh if only a multi-tech was anywhere near affordable for me lol :whistle: I have two spare covers for my britax convertibles, I have a feeling I will keep that trend alive with the Frontiers :love: I am at peace with the decision, I think part of the sadness is that there are way more convertibles to "try" and there are just not many combination seats out there so my decision was made a while back, and since I am getting the Frontiers, unless DD just really doesn't fit well in them for some reason, once she is using them in booster mode, I prob won't be buying any booster seats either :( My car-seat shopping days are pretty much at an end until I have more babies, which also is a ways in the future. . . is there a support group for car-seat addicts?? :whistle: lol

asch884

My son is 3 and he was in ma until he outgrew it rf til about 3 due to height in the ma he is now still weight wise could still be rf in the ma but he is to tall. He got the frontier 85 for him and he loves it and the fit is good and he has no head slump in it. We got the red rock color and i really like it

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC