radian seat

U

Unregistered

Hi there,
I also noticed the radians on sale at Junior Baby and am quite excited. I haven't actually tried to fit one in my car yet - do you think I'm safe just buying them, or should I find a store here that carries them and try first? (One will go in a 1997 Toyota 4runner and the other in a 2005 mazda3 (RF in the 4runner and probably ff in the mazda)
thanks!
(I don't know if there is a size difference between the premier or the XT - we'd probably get the XT, unless the premier would fit better..)

ADS

chay

If it isn't too much chaos I'd recommend trying them first just to be safe and to make sure YOU can get a good install.

I did find this for you. for the Mazda -
http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=1460785&postcount=3

And this might be close enough for your 4Runner (not sure when they have changed styles)
http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=1094273&postcount=378

Here's a whole thread of Radian Successful installs if you want to do some more searching on your own -
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=18235

U

Unregistered

Wow, thank you so much - I really appreciate you finding those links! I'm going to try and take the crew out today to see how they might fit.
thanks again, you went above and beyond!

dogmelissa

The XT & the Premier are identical seats except for the headwings. The Radian 80 is the same size but has different limits, so if one fits, they will all fit.

Good luck,
Melissa

PS: try asking if the store will match the price from JB - some will to keep your business. Can't hurt to ask!

U

Unregistered

thanks for the tips. I did ask if they'd price match, as I'd heard in the past they would. After telling her what/where/how much she said they only price match within Edmonton
So the only difference between the premier and XT is the headwings - is it worth the $ difference? I don't know how important headwings are..

dogmelissa

Yes, the only difference is the headwings. As you can see from my sig, we chose the Premier and I have no regrets, its an excellent seat.
The headwings *may* provide some additional protection in side impacts but they may only be useful when FF. When used on the lower 3 slots, the headwings must be moved all the way up - so unless you have a very tall torsoed child you may not even be able to use the wings for a long time. My DD had to be moved from her bucket because she was too tall-torsoed for it but has been on the 2nd slot since then. The slots, especially the 3rd to 4th, have quite a lot of space between them.
Some children (FF) like to lean their heads on the wings sorta like pillows, but they're not soft and padded, and there may be enough side in the Premier for that anyways.

You may also fall in love with a cover: we didn't want the mesh (sport on the premier, nitro on the xt), hate pink, didn't want flora, and once we saw the actual seat in Metro we did fall in love. For us the $30 wasn't a deal breaker, but we just didn't see any reason to get the XT, and we really loved the Metro cover. Maybe when its time to go FF (when she's 4?) We might see what's out there, but for RF we didn't see the need.

HTH,
Melissa

Pepse

Not sure what tax u have in ur province but u only pay gst from junior baby and free shipping and they r great to deal with.

chay

Just wanted to say you can use the head wings RF as long as the harness is on one of the upper slots. I'm pretty sure my average sized 2 year old would be tall enough to use them, I know my RF 4 year old does (he's on the 2nd from the top and he's been on that since 3.5 when we got the seat).

abemom2

My 4 yr. old fits on slot #3, RF, so no need for headwings yet.

Also, everyone has the Radian for that price now, with no bag though.

Mae

Just wanted to say you can use the head wings RF as long as the harness is on one of the upper slots. I'm pretty sure my average sized 2 year old would be tall enough to use them, I know my RF 4 year old does (he's on the 2nd from the top and he's been on that since 3.5 when we got the seat).

Yes, you only move the headwings (when rear facing) when the child is on the third harness slot. Until they hit the third slot, the headwings are pushed all the way to the top. :)

dogmelissa

thanks for the tips. I did ask if they'd price match, as I'd heard in the past they would. After telling her what/where/how much she said they only price match within Edmonton
So the only difference between the premier and XT is the headwings - is it worth the $ difference? I don't know how important headwings are..

Also just wanted to add that the store may let you try their floor models, and then you can buy from JB since they won't match the price.

Melissa

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC