Would you buy it?

Dorothy

I found some seats on sale at a local store today, but they are obviously returns. Would you buy a seat that had been tried and returned to a store? I know a couple of people looking for seats, but I don't want to pass along the sale info if they should steer clear... TIA

ADS

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I per5sonally would never buy a return or floor display seat. You have no clue what was done to the seats (dropped, carried by harness straps, straps washed before return etc).

I wouldn't be willing to take that chance with my kids safety... :twocents:

Mommy0608

How do you know they are "obviously" returns and had been tried out? Are there signs of use/wear? Are the registration cards still attached to the seat? If the registration card and tags have been removed from the seat cover, or if there are signs of use (crumbs in the seat, etc.) I definitely would not buy it. I would consider it if the seat looks completely brand new, ALL tags and registration cards attached.

mum2two

I returned a Monterey to Target, it was an online return when I bought it, but all tags etc where attached. I tried it out in my car, took pics of DD then got input from here that it didn't fit her well.

I boxed it up and returned it, and am sure it was safe to sell.

As long as it looks like it was never really "used" I'd buy. Most seats have quite a few tags etc attached.

Dorothy

There was a D.com RA#/printout on one of the boxes... Since I wasn't buying, I didn't open the boxes. But, I will definitely pass along all your "check points" if you think these might be a good deal.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC