RF Boulevard in a 2007 Odyssey

U

Unregistered

Hi, I've been lurking on your board and decided it's time to ask a a question. We just today bought a 2007 Odyssey. I want to put my son's new Boulevard 70 in the 2nd row. Right now I have the second row bucket seat slid into the middle position. Can I RF the Boulevard with it in the middle position, and where would I tether it? He hasn't used the Britax yet, he rode home from the dealership in his Chicco Keyfit, which I put 2nd row middle, and I like having him there. Any reason it would be better/safer to slide the bucket seat back to the passenger side when using his carseat? Any other tips for using a Blvd. in a '07 Odyssey?

Thanks!

P.S. This was my first time using LATCH, and I think I'm in love.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Congrats on your new wheels. :) Here's an article with suggestions for where you can tether a rear facing Britax convertible seat using the convertible's included rear facing D-ring tether connector strap in your Odyssey: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=9902

Center would technically be farther away from a potential side impact than on the passenger side, barring a driver's side impact that is, and statistically each side is about the same in terms of side impact crash frequencies. I believe it should be possible to install successfully either way for you in terms of the installation method (LATCH or seatbelt) and the location of the captain's chair relative to the center or the passenger side. It sure was during test installs of an essentially similar Marathon70 RF in my '05 Sienna's second row, and I can't imagine that it wouldn't be possible in an Ody's second row captain's chair. :) One extra tip for your installation - you'll need to avoid touching the front passenger seatback with the RFing Blvd. because Honda disallows touching due to possible interference with sensors for the advanced airbags.

U

Unregistered

Wow. That was quick and incredibly thorough, thank you so much. I thought of one more question, and I couldn't tell from the pictures in the photos you linked to -

How upright does the back of the captain's chair have to be when I install with LATCH? I think it's just slightly reclined right now (what an adult would find comfortable), and I'm not sure if it goes completely upright, I haven't tried it yet.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Some vehicles have specific guidance about how many notches/steps to recline the vehicle seatback vs. fully upright for a LATCH install in their owner's manuals, probably to aid accessing the lower LATCH anchors in the vehicle seat's crease/bight, and to also avoid having the vehicle seatback way overly reclined. I don't know specifically if there's a blurb about how much to recline or not to recline the seatback in your Ody's manual, but I do recommend seeing if there's guidance in the manual.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC