Hello! Planning for #4, coming this spring

midwestmeg

Once #4 arrives, my van is full and I'm DONE!! :)

The only piece of baby equipment I'm going to need is a new baby bucket. I've used a PP (older model, it expired shortly after #3 was done with it) and loved it. I've tried Graco and I just rarely rarely like their seats (okay the Nauti is a good one). Plus, my stroller is a PP and I love being able to snap baby in.

I babywear lots, but with 4 kids you gotta use a stroller/bucket sometimes!! ;)

PP infant seats go for $279!!!! :eek: :eek: I noticed it on sale at albeebaby.... will it go on sale again before April? $210 is still crazy for a bucket we use for 4-6 months.

BUT I love,love,love how the PP snaps into my stroller. I know I could use the universal adapter, but that thing is lame. I love the PP stroller b/c it is so nice for baby after we're done using the bucket and it has the cool footboard for the toddler/big kid. :) AND it folds up nice.

I have never had a problem inserting the PP base into my car or my moms; I drive a Honda Oddy, 2004.

I just read the thread about techs disliking to install the PP infant seat... waaa! I've never had that problem.... but maybe the new one is different?

So, what to do?

If I spend $210 on a baby seat; can I resell it?! I'd prefer to resell here vs. craigslist or ebay; I can hardly believe that is still legal! :confused: I take uber-good care of my seats (and we stay home mainly anyway, lol) but I'd want whoever got my seat to 'know' and trust me. kwim?! Is that silly?!!

Please give me advice!!

ADS

cpsaddict

Personally, I don't like the Peg, simply because I think it's overpriced. The albeebaby price is probably not really a sale, per se. Usually, they are closeouts. That said, you probably could resell it fairly easily. If the stroller you have is the P3, then many infant seats fit nicely in it, without even snapping in. My Graco Safeseat(not Snugride 32) fit perfectly. The Chicco Keyfit would probably also fit nicely. I prefer the Keyfit over the Peg and it's cheaper, too.
However, if you like the Peg, can install and use it correctly, then go for it. I agree that $210 is crazy for a bucket.

karlatta

I don't have car seat advice, but I will say that with #4, I was SURE I was going to be using the bucket/stroller a lot, and in reality, I think I did 3 times (each when we were going to the doctor for a checkup in the beginning). I don't know how old your other kids are, but I found that I still needed the stroller for #3, so I usually wore the baby.

You can definitely resell the PP if you get one. I don't know enough about the market to know how much you would get for it.

soccer_widow

I don't have car seat advice, but I will say that with #4, I was SURE I was going to be using the bucket/stroller a lot, and in reality, I think I did 3 times (each when we were going to the doctor for a checkup in the beginning). I don't know how old your other kids are, but I found that I still needed the stroller for #3, so I usually wore the baby. .

:yeahthat: (but for #3, not #4)

midwestmeg

Okay, thanks, I think I will see if a Keyfit will go in there. :)

I've tried both of the Graco baby seats (safeseat and the other one) they are a :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: in my book.

Maybe a vetran here can chime in... could I sell my PP bucket here after I have 100 posts in?! :)

HayleyCPST

I think the pegs only install in their strollers. There are these little hooks that you lift up that the car seat clicks into.

If another car seat fits into the stroller, it might not be in there as securely as a peg would be and therefore should be used with caution so the bucket doesn't fall out.

Have you thought about using a convertible car seat from birth? there are some great ones out there that fit newborns really well. That way you only have to make one purchase that will last you at least 5 years.

Cryssy Jane

Maybe a vetran here can chime in... could I sell my PP bucket here after I have 100 posts in?! :)

I'm not an extreme veteran, but technically yes, once you've met all requirements you could post it in swap, but I can't guarantee there would be any demand for it. I don't think I've ever seen a peg bucket in swap actually.

HayleyCPST

I agree with Crystal. The peg usually isn't one that we recommend a lot, so you might have a hard time selling it here. Maybe one of your friends will get pregnant and you can sell it to them?

midwestmeg

I agree with Crystal. The peg usually isn't one that we recommend a lot, so you might have a hard time selling it here. Maybe one of your friends will get pregnant and you can sell it to them?

Yep, this would probably be the easiest way to go.... ;)

The baby will use a roundabout for a convertible; and I've never heard anyone say they fit a newborn well (but I mainly hang out at TBW) and on the off chance I have a mellow child they might actually be happy in the bucket for longer than .2 seconds (ds HATED the carseat :rolleyes: )!!

I am wanting to make sure the carseat is secure in the stroller; I have a strange fear about that. I *would* be the parent who dumped their newborn in the parking lot, lol! :eek:

So, I guess I'll just go for it and then plan on selling for 1/2 price. A bucket is the *only* thing I need for this kid! :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC