Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What van would you buy?

Ok guys- fill me in on mini vans... overload me, please

We really need to get a mini van- we have four kiddos now, three are in car seats.
    I would prefer a mini van over an SUV since I think the gas milage would be better... but correct me if I am wrong. Price is not a big issue- I want something that has enough tethers and LATCH for the car seats.... of course nice safety ratings and a smooth ride. We would prefer a new van like a 2010 or 2011 model.
    I have never owned a van so I have no idea what to look for but I would love to have automatic doors... you know the ones where I just push the button and it opens all by itself

The kids are as following... not sure if it matters but here they are:

DS1 16yrs seat belt
    DS2 3 1/2 yrs 30 lbs Radian and RA50
    DD1 19 month 18 lbs Radian and RA50
    DS3 3 weeks 8ish lbs MyRide65 and SafeSeat

The three year old can either RF or FF right now he is RF in my car and FF in daddy's Truck

THANKS!!!!
    Momma to three munchkins! Own a Recaro ProSport, FR85, TF, Blvd70, Scenera, Radian, Britax Chaperone, Evenflo HBB, Evenflo NBB ... cruising around in a 2011 Ford Explorer and 2011 F-150

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads