No harnesses in the seats at Target??

Mom2FiveGirls

I went to Target on Friday and, of course, I checked out the car seats. None of the seats had harnesses! Well, the convertibles and combination seats anyway. I didn't look at any infant seats. The RA50 looked like the straps had been cut...a couple pieces were beside the seat. Umm...why?!? Was it something Target is doing or just the store I went to? Or did some crazy person come remove/cut all the harnesses? I just thought it was weird.

ADS

poohbearkrazy

I was at target last week and put Jacob in one of the seats to see how much growing room he had and an employee came over and asked me not to put him in the seats because they were liable if something happened. Maybe it has something to do with that?

mommy-medic

I've seen one store use it as a theft deterrent. Not sure why they don't just secure them to the shelves like walmart annoyingly does. :rolleyes:

swtgi1982

i agree with it probably being vandalism, when I worked at WM we had people do stupid things like this to our displays and we just never fix it with new displays so they could do it again, so um yea, I can understand that much

as far a liable when kids put in them, well yea if you put your kids in them and then let them fall to the floor yes they are liable since the accident happened on their property. I can see telling you to put it on the floor before putting a child in it, but tell you that you can not put them in to check how they fit.
this is also why WM annoyingly ties theirs down, this did happen in a WM store about 6yrs ago. I was there when corporate mandated the tie down thing to prevent it from happening again.

NannyMom

i agree with it probably being vandalism, when I worked at WM we had people do stupid things like this to our displays and we just never fix it with new displays so they could do it again, so um yea, I can understand that much

as far a liable when kids put in them, well yea if you put your kids in them and then let them fall to the floor yes they are liable since the accident happened on their property. I can see telling you to put it on the floor before putting a child in it, but tell you that you can not put them in to check how they fit.
this is also why WM annoyingly ties theirs down, this did happen in a WM store about 6yrs ago. I was there when corporate mandated the tie down thing to prevent it from happening again.

They zip tie them because a child fell off the seat on a shelf? Um.... I don't know how much that helps. I just hoist Sofi up onto the shelf :whistle: (but of course, don't walk away)

monstah

What I dont understand is why the Target didnt catch somebody if it was vandilism.
Maybe they did.
I think a manager was sick of parents putting their kids on the shelf (I do it all the time ;)) and decided to just cut them off. But that's just my guess. I don't think missing harness's would stop anyone from doing that but I see the train of thought.
OP- I think you should call and ask!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
With the lack of help at stores, due to corporate thinking we don't actually NEED people to run a store, things happen.

Kobain's Mommy

We have two Targets here. I went to both today looking for something. Both of them had the harnesses intact along with you are able to take the seats off the shelf to test them out with your child. One of the employees even helped me get a seat down.

pj2rc

Kmart told me I'm not allowed to put my kid in the display (on the floor or otherwise) because of liability ... which makes as much sense as saying I can't try the clothes on before I buy them because I might strangle myself.

kaleigh71

I had one of the Walmart employees cut the zip ties and take the Nauti down so I could try DS in it. If she was annoyed by having to do it, she didn't let on. Oh well, I told her I wouldn't buy a seat without making sure my child fit properly in it. :rolleyes:

vrclay

Kmart told me I'm not allowed to put my kid in the display (on the floor or otherwise) because of liability ... which makes as much sense as saying I can't try the clothes on before I buy them because I might strangle myself.

:ROTFLMAO:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I was highly annoyed at Walmart just today because I couldn't get the darn seat off the shelf. Our Walmart just started the zip tie business.

mish

That is odd. Maybe that one store is having some kind of issue (vandalism, injuries, whatever) and this is how they decided to deal with it.

skylinphoto

I'm one of those who hoists their kid up onto the shelf or cuts open a new box. You think they'd rather you take them down to try them ...but Noooooo.. lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC