So much info. Looking for suggestions

DenetteJ

Hi everyone. I haven't been here since the last time I was rearended <sigh> but here it has happened again. A Dodge Ram work truck going 35 slammed into the back of us going 35mph. We were stopped with the rest of traffic. The children were mostly fine, my 5 year old had some neck soreness and it is still sore a week and 1/2 later. Both kids were FF in the back seat of my 00 Honda Accord in Regents/Huskys.

My question is I'm at a loss on what to replace these carseats with. I looked at Babies R Us but it seems all the seats for my 5 year old are boosters w/o the 5pt harness.

My children's stats are
5 year old 71lbs and 49inches
3 year old 32lbs and 38inches

Any input would be great. I'm trying to read through post but there is so much info. The other piece of missing info is that our car is totalled we will be replacing it probably with an 00 Honda Accord or Nissian Altima but we need to get new seats before we get the car.

THanks in advance!

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Well, the 3 year old can still be rear facing.

For the older one, I would go with the Britax Frontier 85. It's top harness slot is pretty equal to the regent.

Don't forget you can sell the covers off your old seats. :whistle:

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I'd go with the Frontier 85 for the 5yo and maybe a Nautilus for the 3yo (unless you are willing to Rear-face them again). Although, if insurance is paying, maybe 2 Frontiers.

HayleyCPST

Depending on how fast your 3 year old is growing, he/she could be rear facing in a Radian XTSL for a while and then turn FF and be harnessed until 80lbs.

Your 5 yr old could either be in a Frontier85 which then turns into a booster one he/she outgrows the harness portion, or you could start booster training depending on his/her maturity. Also, look into the Nautilus or the Prosport for the 3yo

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC