Good seat for a Honda CR-V?

HayleyCPST

Honda CR-V owners or fellow techs,
What are some seats that have been successfully installed Rear Facing in your CRV?

Or more simply, what seats don't work?
Specifically, I'm looking at the Radians, true fit, MR?
Thanks!

ADS

Sarah62008

Senior Community Member
My friend owns a CR-V(2000) and we swap cars all the time. (I can't put her two kids and my DS in the backseat of my car safely so I take hers if I have her kids and leave her mine)

I have put RF:
The First Years TrueFit(with headrest off)
Britax Roundabout 50
Britax Decathlon
Britax Marathon
Graco MyRide
Evenflo Symphony65

I also had one child in an adult belt and one in a Graco Turbobooster(Booster on passenger side, child in adult belt in the middle and the RF seat on the driver's side)

IMO the MyRide and Britax seats fit the best. I used the Lower Anchors for the Britax seats(all 3) and the seatbelt for the MyRide.

Last edited:

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
I couldn't get the radian rf in any position of my old '03 crv.

The coccoro fits perfectly in the center. Any of the britax convertibles, complete air and I would think the myride or efta's would fit also in any position.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I only tried center, because that is where she wanted it. I didn't see any issues with outboard. I am going to be in one today, want me to try something?

lanwenyi

I have an 01 (so older body style) and the old Britax seats fit beautifully, the Avenue goes in fine w/ a noodle pyramid, and the Radian goes in okay with a LOT of effort. (It tends to over-recline in the center and, without a LOT of work, can make the passenger seat unusable when installed behind the passenger).

I have friends w/ a newer CR-V and they couldn't get the Radian anywhere other than the middle and still had problems w/ over-reclining.

The newest CR-V (the 2011 we saw at the OC auto show, not sure if it's the same as the other recent ones) had crossover belts that would make 3 across impossible, 2 seats side-by-side w/ belt installations impossible, AND the side by side latch positions are in the behind the driver and center positions (not good for Radians).

I tried a TrueFit in our CR-V and I couldn't get the lock-offs to work w/ our belts, but that might have been user error (I was playing w/ it in the dim light of sunset at a baby store w/ a screaming baby next to me and an employee standing there tapping his foot at me; he'd already had to stand through a Radian install, lol).

I've never tried a MyRide in the car; only in stores (DD didn't like it and neither did DH).

Kia

I have an 08 CRV and the TF fits great RF in the centre with latch. Even with the headrest on at a more upright angle there is plenty of clearance between the TF and the front seats.

brightredmtn

I only tried center, because that is where she wanted it. I didn't see any issues with outboard. I am going to be in one today, want me to try something?

It installs beautifully rear facing center and outboard LATCH. Belt doesn't work center and I haven't tried belt outboard but I see no reason why a belt outboard wouldn't be doable. There is a plastic hinge that you just have to ignore when doing center LATCH. Install the boot in front of the hinge and it works fine.

NebraskaMom

I've personally tried to install an Evenflo Symphony 65 in all seating positions both RF and FF, LATCH as well as seatbelt in a 2008 CR-V and it just didn't work. Another tech as well as a Sr. Checker tried for about 15 minutes to no avail either.

The parents drove off with the seat installed ILLEGALLY, which is how they showed up with it installed. Dad was a complete pain and insisted that the owner's manual was wrong and it won't matter how the seat is installed as long as it is tight..blah blah blah...he ended up having us shred the paperwork for the check and told us to leave him alone so he could secure the seat himself. :eek:

Sarah62008

Senior Community Member
I've personally tried to install an Evenflo Symphony 65 in all seating positions both RF and FF, LATCH as well as seatbelt in a 2008 CR-V and it just didn't work. Another tech as well as a Sr. Checker tried for about 15 minutes to no avail either.

The parents drove off with the seat installed ILLEGALLY, which is how they showed up with it installed. Dad was a complete pain and insisted that the owner's manual was wrong and it won't matter how the seat is installed as long as it is tight..blah blah blah...he ended up having us shred the paperwork for the check and told us to leave him alone so he could secure the seat himself. :eek:

That's a crazy father. Wow.

My friend has a 2000 CR-V and I got it in with the seatbelt RF.

NannyMom

My Dad has a 2004 CRV. I found for the center of his car, rear facing, the My Ride is perfect. I fought with a Boulevard, True Fit, Uptown and got them all to fit. But with the My Ride, there was no fight, easy peasy.

HayleyCPST

Thanks everyone!
I suppose I could have them try my radian in their car so I can confirm that it will work, but it's a PITA to get in my car and I freak out if anyone gets close to unbuckling it!:rolleyes:
I was mostly concerned about it fitting outboard. Right now they have a classic roundabout FF but once the new baby comes and will be in a keyfit, they are getting a new seat for the older child, so I'm going to suggest a seat to keep her RF longer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC