Used van

cdncasper

I am (hopefully) getting rid of my Civic in the next few months and getting a used van instead but I have no idea where to start.

What I am looking for:

--as many top tethers as possible (I am in canada)
--2000-2006
--Up to $6000
--Captains chairs in 2nd row
--Good in snowy, extreme cold weather
--Carseats I currently have (Marathon, Radian, Scenera, Snugride 32, Turbobooster)

Help me find something please that will work. I have owned 2 Dodge Caravans (96 & 99) and though they are not my favorite, I don't know what the newer ones are like.

Last edited:
ADS

HEVY

I have a 2000 Ford Windstar and there are top tethers in ALL the seats, including the drivers, and LATCH. Mine has the short bench in the middle, been trying to find bucket seats for the longest.

Happy hunting.

2BunniesMommy

I also have a Windstar. Mine's a 2003. Has tethers all seats except driver's. Captain's chairs in 2nd row. Power sliding doors. I paid $5000 in Feb. No idea how it would do in snow. Not sure if vans are the same here as in Canada. We've had no real problems with it, just some strange electrial issue that they don't know the cause of that makes the lights flash inside sometimes while driving.

BudgieStew

We had a 2007 Ford Freestar SEL that I really liked. Not sure if it falls into the price range that you are looking for but Fords tend to drop their value quickly as soon as you drive off the lot.
Ours had power door/hatch/leather/bucket seats in second row and a DVD player. 3 top tethers and my Radian and Marathon was a breeze to install.

It was fairly good in our extreme winter conditions but I suspect that better winter tires would have improved performance on my towns crazy hills. Advance Trac helped out quite bit. Since I switched over to AWD though I will never I buy another car without it. If I recall correctly it had a very good safety rating.

We had a 2005 Freestar for a few months but I only drove it once so cannot compare how it was to the 2007.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC