How long before DD outgrows the ComfortSport?

jessi f

Here's a pic:

She's pretty much even with the second slots. She'll be 14 months next week and is 31ish inches and 23-24 lbs. The seat is in grandma's car and we need to figure out what to replace it with when it's outgrown. I had thought we would just get a Maestro for DS and put her in the CA but after the recall I'm taking that seat of my list :thumbsdown: I would really like to get her a MR just bc I really like them and I want one of my own to play with ;) But it seems a little pricey for a car she only rides in once or twice a week. I want to keep her RF til 4 in my car and RF til at least 3 in secondary cars. We own 2 TFs(my car), 1 XTSL(DH's car), 1 CA and the CS(grandma's car). What would be good to add to the mix?

ADS

NannyMom

A year? She has gobs of room above her head.I'd give DD a CA or TF in Gma's car, and get DS a Nautilus, or Frontier for your car.

jessi f

Really? Well poo, that bursts my "might need a new seat soon" bubble :p Whats up with my kiddo's and their crazy short torsoes? I though the crappysport was only supposed to last til like 1 RF :whistle:

I was kind of hoping DS would fit in our convertibles until he was ready for a dedicated booster. He's still a smidge under the second from the top slots's in his TF. I wonder how long he's got in that? (plus I'm kind of a dork and I like the matching TFs in my car)

PS: I'm glad Sofi decided she likes RF again :love:

NannyMom

The way I'm looking at it.... you have 6 seats that can rear face. You only have 1 child rear facing. Why not just buy 1 more seat, that will become the booster DS will eventually need, instead of buying another convertible, then a booster. Unless.... it's just to "feed the need" ;) Then I say DD only has 1/2 inch, buy a my ride! ;)

Oh, and Sofi's only liking RF again cuz there are no pacifiers forward facing :eek:

jessi f

Youre right :eek: It would make more sense to get a seat with a taller harness for FF. But I dont know if my kids will need it the way that theyre built and I'm not sure how I feel about heavy seats like the GN as boosters when you dont have LATCH. I had a GN for DS for a while and always thought about that when I was lugging it around. I know it passed the tests fine so it must be ok, but still I worry :rolleyes: And if I can talk DH into it there will be a new baby someday to pass seats down to.... Oh well I guess I've got a loooong time to think about it while I wait for Masyn to outgrow her crappysport :p (just kidding, I shouldnt complain about getting good use out of a seat we already own :) )

NannyMom

I'm trying to will Sofi to outgrow her EFTA heighwise. She has about 1-2 inches to grow :rolleyes: But then I'd feel better about FF her :whistle: LOL, would you like me to send "grow taller" vibes to your DD too? ;)

jessi f

LOL, that might be asking for trouble. My kids are kind of beefy so shortish torsoes are pretty much all I've got going for me ;)

Mae

Also wanted to mention -- I believe the final say was that the GN is allowed to be LATCHed & tethered in booster mode. You can also LATCH and tether the FR. :)

And if you can't LATCH your seat in booster mode, then just put the seat belt over it & buckle (PITB, yes, but that's what you're supposed to do anyway ... ;))

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC