cant decide, help pick a new seat please!

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
My IL's would really like to get DD a seat for their 2010-11(not sure which) Honda Pilot.

Bella is 2.5yo, 34-35lbs and 37in, about 13in torso. She rides in an XTSL in my suv, and a MR in DH's car. She only has maybe 2-3 inches to grow in the MR and its a pain to get her in and out, so I'm not sure I want antoher one of those.

The new seat must have a 40+lb RF limit. Over 40lb FFing limit, so no Scenera or Onside Air. MUST be easy to install, so grandparents can do it properly! I want somethign that will keep her RFing as long as possible, but make a good FFing seat when the time comes, as well.

I *think* I'm leaning toward the Complete Air 65, do we know if it has any differences in structure that will make it last longer? other than, of course, the weight limit. I do HATE the flimsy harness though, it was twisty even on the floor model. And I'm not a huge fran of Dorel either, so I cant convince myself.

I also keep going back and forth about the new Britax seats. They are REALLY nice, love the ease of use, but I'm just not sure she will make it much longer RFing. They seem to be of sporadic on whether they last kids RFing longer than the old seats or not. And does the RA55 have the same shell and harness height as the MA70?

I dont think a Radian would be good from them since the install could be tricky. I like the EFTA65, but it just doesnt have much height to it...Any other suggestions? Oh and are there any good deals out there? I've havea crazy couple of weeks and havent even had time to lurk! lol

ADS

jjordan

I think that perhaps the EFT65 has a taller shell than the Roundabout 55?

I tried my dd in both a myride and a boulevard70 on the test bench at BRU and she was exactly *at* the RF height limit in both. So maybe that gives you an idea on how much shell you'd have left in the roundabout 55. (I think the shell heights are the same; I've heard differing reports about the harness heights.)

As for the CA65, does Dorel still have the 40" max height for RF, or did they change their official instructions so that kids can stay RF until their heads are at a certain place in relation to the shell? If they're still saying 40", then you'd have to decide if you're comfortable disregarding that. Otherwise it probably won't last any longer, RF, than the shorter-shelled seats.

Sorry I'm not more help!

ericarizo

So it states 19-40 inches for RF but in the book it says" Do not use the child restraint rear-facing if the top of your child's head is above the top of the child restraint's headrest" I really like our CA and will be purchasing 2 CA65's shortly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC