TLC taking home chef....

CAEKWILSON

needless to say i would love for curtis to come cook for me, but did anyone see the episode yesterday where curtis picked up a lady with a baby and she had a Britax marathon rf but the horrid teriable twisty straps, made me want to jump into the tv and untwist them....why spend money on a great seat if you are not going to use it right!

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
On other episodes I've seen, Curtis usually doesn't wear the shoulder belt up on his shoulder, it's down near his elbow or tucked behind his arm/shoulder. :eek: The seatbelt misuse irks me. If he ever approached me at Whole Foods/the grocery store, he would get an earful about reforming his seatbelt usage if he's going to ride in our car and cook us dinner.

wondering1

He wouldn't pick you if you did that :-(

I would tell him firmly when I got in the vehicle :) With primary laws, the driver is responsible for the seatbelt compliance of the passengers? Then it'd almost be too late for them to pick someone else (time wasted budget spent!). LOL

But, honestly I'm not sexy enough to be selected for their show! Only occasionally am I shopping in the type of stores they peruse for pickups!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Good point, wait until the groceries are purchased and he's in the car for the seatbelt lesson, lol. Not that I grocery shop in L.A. where the shows seem to be filmed. :D

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
Good point, wait until the groceries are purchased and he's in the car for the seatbelt lesson, lol. Not that I grocery shop in L.A. where the shows seem to be filmed. :D

Yeah, they're filmed in LA. The whole seatbelt thing bugs me too. BUT I love the show :) My cousin was chosen (Shira). She really embarrassed the family by drinking a little too much wine and flirting with him :rolleyes:

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
You cousin was on the show? cool

Yep. She's actually my 4th cousin, but that means nothing in my family (we were raised like 1st cousins). I haven't seen her in a few years since we moved from LA, so I didn't even make the connection when I decided to TiVo that particular show, I just liked the sound of what he was making. When I was watching it I realized it was my cousin. It was pretty funny :) She's driving her parents old car too, an old Volvo :)

broken4u05

Yep. She's actually my 4th cousin, but that means nothing in my family (we were raised like 1st cousins). I haven't seen her in a few years since we moved from LA, so I didn't even make the connection when I decided to TiVo that particular show, I just liked the sound of what he was making. When I was watching it I realized it was my cousin. It was pretty funny :) She's driving her parents old car too, an old Volvo :)

Very cool i have never seen anyone in my family on tv. Must have been cool. Yeah 1st and 2nd and everything does not mean anything in my family as well

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC