Biggest OT ever- American Idol

MySillyKids

Any Idol watchers here?

Can you believe what's happening? CRAZY

its almost not worth watching the season anymore. Expecially after tonight's voted off. :(

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am furious!!!!

Gina was one of my favorites!

Melinda is my absolute #1 choice, with Lakisha in a close #2. Then, there is a HUGE gap between Melinda, Lakisha, and the others. I would say Gina and Jordin were tied for the #3/#4 spot in my eyes.

I am SO upset that Gina was voted off!!!
WHAT ABOUT SANJAYA?!?!?!?!?! Haley and Sanjaya need to GO!!!

Here are my choices:

#1-- Melinda
#2-- Lakisha

#3-- Jordin
#4-- Blake??
#5-- Phil??
#6-- Chris??
#7-- Haley??
#8-- Sanjaya??

broken4u05

I liked Chris that was voted off and Gina from this week and i hate Sanjaya. I do not even watch it anymore it is tivoed and i just wait till it is over and Fast Forward it

Mom2nj

Bottom Line Sanjaya NEEDS TO GO!!!!! I can't stand him, I don't like Phil either, he is creapy looking to me.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Bottom Line Sanjaya NEEDS TO GO!!!!! I can't stand him, I don't like Phil either, he is creapy looking to me.

Yeah, I just can't get in to Phil, either...

Is it ok to say out loud what I think about Sanjaya's race and the number of people from the same country of origin as him voting for him? :whistle:

Morganthe

Yeah, I liked Gina too. She was such a break from the typical R&B or Pop music singers that are always on there. I am going to miss her sooooo much. I didn't care for Tuesday night's line up of Tony Bennett songs. Too bland for an entire hour, but that's just me. :p What I find interesting is that the women singers are so superiorly stronger than the male singers this year, but still the guys are getting the votes. She wasn't the uberbest singer, but she was more of an original than many of the others on there.

If you're curious about why Sanjaya is NEVER in the bottom three & you have a free registration at NY Times.com, check out this article:
Howard Stern Tries to Kill American Idol with Kindness for a Weak Link
Basically, HS has taken one guy's pity website and is a driving force behind massive voting for the WORST singer.

Morganthe

Yeah, I just can't get in to Phil, either...

Is it ok to say out loud what I think about Sanjaya's race and the number of people from the same country of origin as him voting for him? :whistle:

I really don't think so, unless you want to also mention certain people in southern regions who listen to country music voting for the only country music singer (previous seasons), the ones in Hawaii voting 2 or so years ago for the one singer from their State despite being one of the weaker singers, and all the singers who sing R&B only getting votes from those who listen to that music. It's not right to blame it on country of origin & race unless you bring up all the other singers who've had the same support. :p
Heck, I was thrilled when a rock musician made it 2 season ago and if I hadn't been watching from a previously recorded show on delayed broadcast overseas, I would have voted to keep him on. :D

IMO, American Idol and its various knock-offs beg for controversy when they constantly say, "Vote for your FAVORITE." "Don't let your FAVORITE leave the show".

They're not asking votes for the best singers, dancers, performers -- just "Favorite". It's only a popularity contest, not a true talent show for the most talented individuals.
If IDOL producers reallyl wanted to make it more legit as such, they'd change the voting style in favor a Survival style ballot -- Vote your unfavorite, most disliked performer OFF THE STAGE! Focus votes on several bad performers would help validate things a lot more than having votes wasted all over trying to keep the best ones there.

jmho :twocents: :D

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I liked Gina too. She was such a break from the typical R&B or Pop music singers that are always on there. I am going to miss her sooooo much. I didn't care for Tuesday night's line up of Tony Bennett songs. Too bland for an entire hour, but that's just me. :p What I find interesting is that the women singers are so superiorly stronger than the male singers this year, but still the guys are getting the votes. She wasn't the uberbest singer, but she was more of an original than many of the others on there.

If you're curious about why Sanjaya is NEVER in the bottom three & you have a free registration at NY Times.com, check out this article:
Howard Stern Tries to Kill American Idol with Kindness for a Weak Link
Basically, HS has taken one guy's pity website and is a driving force behind massive voting for the WORST singer.
That article explains why Taylor won last year... DH and I used to love that show, now he refuses to watch, he hated Taylor so much (Leah loves it, so she watches it with me, lol).

oxeye

This happens every year. Last year it was the silly Chicken Little boy, can't remember who is was the year before that but I know there was someone who made it pretty far in the competition who shouldn't have.

I think votefortheworst is partly to blame but I do honestly think there are a lot of people who like Sanjaya or feel sorry for him or something. LOL I predict now that he will make it to the top 6 or 7 before his is gone. That seems to be the way it usually goes with these people.

I've just accepted it at this point and would have been shocked if he was gone last night. I think it's a little entertaining too - he's fun to laugh at each week. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC