How do you loose a car seat buckle at the hospital???

ADS

Amaris

Um, is the piece needed the part that goes into the buckle? If so what was the hospital doing with the carseat straps unthreaded? Wouldn't that have been the parents job?

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
Uhhmmmm Hospital Worker over here:whistle: - We are NEVER allowed to touch the car seat (and i'm even a tech) I can educate the poo out of them and if they have questions i'd be more than happy to answer and I let them know that i'm a tech so i don't hear the "they'll stop breathing if it's too tight" junk. Anywhoo, the parents are the ONLY people who touch the car seat while they're in the hospital, we just cannot assume the added liability.

And just an aside, what is up with all the craigs lists that don't show the harness?!?! This is like the 10th seat i've seen with "slighty used but great condition seat" but there are no harness straps photographed. What good is a car seat without looking at the straps?!?!

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
They make such a point of mentioning the missing part of the buckle in the first one, but then they don't mention the missing straps in the second one at all! How could you lose the buckle piece?! Very weird!

djma

With both of my boys, the hospital staff would not even touch the car seat. We had to bring it in to prove we had one, and they watched us buckle both of our boys in to make sure the seatbelt was tight enough.

mominabigtruck

Ok i know display label seats should not be used but why? how are they different

Because they get alot of abuse with people trying them out. Unless of course its one of the lovely stores that ties their seats to the shelves so you can't try them out and then complains when you buy a seat and return it because that's the only way you could try it out.:thumbsdown:

Not that I have had an experience personally but I have seen on bringing home baby when the nurses do all sorts of stuff with the carseats.

broken4u05

Because they get alot of abuse with people trying them out. Unless of course its one of the lovely stores that ties their seats to the shelves so you can't try them out and then complains when you buy a seat and return it because that's the only way you could try it out.:thumbsdown:

Not that I have had an experience personally but I have seen on bringing home baby when the nurses do all sorts of stuff with the carseats.

OK thank you. That is what i was thinking but i was not sure. Always better to ask. lol

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
I am thinking he is probably a trash picker and is just listing everything he pulled off of the curb. I could be wrong, but it would make some sense then....

arly1983

I am thinking he is probably a trash picker and is just listing everything he pulled off of the curb. I could be wrong, but it would make some sense then....

Actually, that does make sense,

Thats why everyone should be wary of used car seats.

Lilsid

All of this sellers stuff looks bad and $$$ for what it is. I never use used seats but I know other people do since I have sold seats my self. But I know that what I am selling is safe and never been mistreated, or expired.

I just couldn’t stand it any more last night, the crap people will try to get away with. If the buckle is missing then call graco and get a replacement before trying to sell it, but the seat is most likely expired since its in the old base not the snug ride base.

Even the stroller she is trying to sell has a broken part. Give me a break.

I wont even let any one but my self or DH touch my car seats or put my kids in them. Even my mom can’t get DD in correct.

We were getting ready to drive to Disney land from Phoenix 2 weeks a go. So my Brother thought he would help his pregnant sister out and install my DD's car seat in my moms car. Well he was not prepared for the ear full he got from me and then he watched me put her MA in and he was shocked at how tight I had it in the car. My DH just laughed and told my brother that I have a thing about the car seat and that it’s a good thing to have. DH said that when I am finished installing a childs car seat that the cars seat will have to be thrown from car before something is going to happen to the Childs car seat. Then when we got back in to town my brother asked me for help installing his DD's car seat in his car. I smiled and got her Regent in so tight he did not know you could compress a cars seat padding that much.

broken4u05

All of this sellers stuff looks bad and $$$ for what it is. I never use used seats but I know other people do since I have sold seats my self. But I know that what I am selling is safe and never been mistreated, or expired.

I just couldn’t stand it any more last night, the crap people will try to get away with. If the buckle is missing then call graco and get a replacement before trying to sell it, but the seat is most likely expired since its in the old base not the snug ride base.

Even the stroller she is trying to sell has a broken part. Give me a break.

I wont even let any one but my self or DH touch my car seats or put my kids in them. Even my mom can’t get DD in correct.

We were getting ready to drive to Disney land from Phoenix 2 weeks a go. So my Brother thought he would help his pregnant sister out and install my DD's car seat in my moms car. Well he was not prepared for the ear full he got from me and then he watched me put her MA in and he was shocked at how tight I had it in the car. My DH just laughed and told my brother that I have a thing about the car seat and that it’s a good thing to have. DH said that when I am finished installing a childs car seat that the cars seat will have to be thrown from car before something is going to happen to the Childs car seat. Then when we got back in to town my brother asked me for help installing his DD's car seat in his car. I smiled and got her Regent in so tight he did not know you could compress a cars seat padding that much.

How far pregnant are were/ are you when you put the seats in? O and good for you

Lilsid

I am 21 weeks so 19 weeks along then. It’s really no big deal so far but I can see it becoming a problem in the near future.

I have trained DH so he can install the MA and the new babies car seat base. He does a great job and he really knows the importance of getting it done right, since you never get a second chance to save a life. DH use to drive Racecars in Phoenix he was an instructor for years but he started as a mechanic and then a lead fleet tech mechanic in an advanced road racing course. He knows cars, speed, and wrecks. Although he has never been in or caused and accident in all the years driving well over 105 MPH.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC