cowmoo parkway.. unsure of belt fit (pics added to post 2)

cowmoo parkway.. (pics added to post 2)another update in post 10 with question

so I got this today (super fast for saver shipping) anyways ... I am not sure I love the belt fit on Julianna... I fell like the lap belt falls too low, and the SG clip lowers it, It is as if she is too big for the bottom part :(

The shoulder belt fits well... The other problem I am finding is that I can only adjust the head rest 1 more slot before it is too tall for my car.. ACK.. Now she is 8 and I was going to let her consider backless in a year, she is big for her age too.. But Is it even worth it to keep this seat? The height issue is cause the head rest is so wide, it hits the side of the car where it is lower, and honestly she has to be the one that rides back there cause there are no thether hooks for Fiona and not enough space for a rear facing seat.

If I return this, how does the vivo compare? she has been in an old style parkway in there and I have not had issues with that one... I am not sure what to do

Also I have to read the manual front to back but does anyone know if I can use the seat with out the SG clip? Maybe I can get a pic if I can get in at a good angle...

Last edited:
ADS
Re: cowmoo parkway.. unsure

Ok now it fits right, I read how to adjust the SG clip... it was just really short before.. now I am posting pics in a few, I can only move the head rest up 1 more click... I can pass this on to Fiona when she is 6 (if she is 40 lbs by then)

downsize53-1.jpg

downsize54-1.jpg

so what do you all think now that it is fixed? and I mean she has a ways before I need to go up a click. I think she could make it at least a year in this with the back.

babyherder

When it hits the roof hopefully you'll be closer to rearranging seating. Maybe Fiona will be ready for it and she'll be shorter. Or she'll be in a different booster and can sit there and Julianna can sit somewhere with more roof room.

When it hits the roof hopefully you'll be closer to rearranging seating. Maybe Fiona will be ready for it and she'll be shorter. Or she'll be in a different booster and can sit there and Julianna can sit somewhere with more roof room.
Oh that is a good point, I can always put Julianna in second row When I put FIona inthe booster, and Move Fiona back there for a while.. can I use the frontier 80 in booster mode unlatched (I never read the booster section of the manual cause I haven't gotten there yet) But I plan to start her in the Frontier.

If I do that though I can move Fiona to the parkway later than sooner and Julianna will get more use out of it :) why didn't I think of that sooner?

katiesmommy

I'd keep it, it doesn't look too low to me at all. And if it only lasts a year, Fiona could use it when she goes to a booster.

yea once i lengthend the sg clip I liked the way the lap belt fit too :) I like the fit a lot now, I also checked it moved up a click and it looks silly cause it is so high for her, so I think that means we have a while on the setting we are on.:thumbsup:, and I can still use it one click up touching the ceiling, just not after that. lol

Ok well it may go back after using it today, DH says he cant see at all on the side of the rear windsheild, it is giving him a horrible blind spot (we are used to smaller head rests on boosters, (os parkway, and turbobooster)

I told him I could move it to the passenger side back there, but he said it would just give us a blind spot on that side. I guess I need to test it... Now I have DH pushing backless on me.. he says since there are blind spots it would be helpful, but honestly I am not ready to move her to a backless.

What is a seat, that will not fall apart that has a smaller less wide head rest? maybe I will look into that. I also think I need to try driving with it back there, and see if I can see properly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC