This is wrong, right?

ADS

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
A chest buckle does not make a seat 5-point--the harnesses over the hips do. Yikes!

lovinwaves

HOLY CRAP!!! Every word in that sentence is wrong :eek:

I love that "to make it a five-point, just simply add a chest piece" LOL!!

lovinwaves

Here is the listing in case...um...it gets flagged down :whistle:

Relisting due to no-show.

Selling toddler car seat by fisher price. Has three point harness buckle- you would be able to upgrade to 5-point simply by purchaseing a chest buckle. It is in good overall condition and has never been in an accident- is an older model. Is super easy to install in car/van and works with shoulder belt or lap belt. Stays very sturdy and secure due to built in strap 'holders'. Comes from pet and smoke free house. Asking $25 cash obo. Thanks!

46cJ7VPIbaEdayGpJVh1MVB2U1U8.jpg

mominabigtruck

Ok, I was just making sure before I flagged it. I know my se wasn't a 3 pt but I wanted to make sure an earlier version wasn't.:rolleyes:

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Even if she was right, there is something wrong with this seat.

3 point seats are one harness, not 2 separate straps with buckles on them... it would be one continuous strap with a different style buckle. I don't believe FP had 3 point TODDLER seats, though they did have 3 point infant seats.

This seat is threaded wrong, and probably nearing expired.

lovinwaves

Even if she was right, there is something wrong with this seat.

3 point seats are one harness, not 2 separate straps with buckles on them... it would be one continuous strap with a different style buckle. I don't believe FP had 3 point TODDLER seats, though they did have 3 point infant seats.

This seat is threaded wrong, and probably nearing expired.

OOOooo good observation :thumbsup: I knew it didn't look right for a 3-point LOL!!

Simplysomething

So did you email the person who listed it? Perhaps he/she didn't realize that they'd worded it wrong, or didn't know about seats expiring.

I'm just saying, give people the benefit of the doubt. Email them, inquire about the seat, etc. (And for all those who claim they don't have a generic email address from which to do it, you can get a free email address in under 5 minutes from tons of places online).

I can totally see why that one person whose email from another craigslist/ebay/freecycle post likened us to "mean-girls" not because of the movie, but because it's becoming a little clique-ish, with the "haha! we know more than this person!" complete with laughing and pointing. I KNOW that's not what anyone intends, but I completely see why an outsider would view it that way.

I'm just saying, try to look at it from the listers point of view. You may think you're doing this great service by flagging down all the crappy seats, but if the person doesn't know WHY their listing is flagged, whats the point? And if we antagonise a poster, it is likely that they are just going to list again and be deaf to all the good information that we have to offer.

Or at least keep it in a private place, away from the prying eyes of google, if you know what I mean.

skaterbabs

That seat had a chest clip - it was optional for RF, but required for FF, and was probably lost at some opint.

southpawboston

So did you email the person who listed it? Perhaps he/she didn't realize that they'd worded it wrong, or didn't know about seats expiring.

I'm just saying, give people the benefit of the doubt. Email them, inquire about the seat, etc. (And for all those who claim they don't have a generic email address from which to do it, you can get a free email address in under 5 minutes from tons of places online).

I can totally see why that one person whose email from another craigslist/ebay/freecycle post likened us to "mean-girls" not because of the movie, but because it's becoming a little clique-ish, with the "haha! we know more than this person!" complete with laughing and pointing. I KNOW that's not what anyone intends, but I completely see why an outsider would view it that way.

I'm just saying, try to look at it from the listers point of view. You may think you're doing this great service by flagging down all the crappy seats, but if the person doesn't know WHY their listing is flagged, whats the point? And if we antagonise a poster, it is likely that they are just going to list again and be deaf to all the good information that we have to offer.

Or at least keep it in a private place, away from the prying eyes of google, if you know what I mean.

do i hear an echo in here??? lol... :thumbsup:

Niea

Here is one in a different color, but it's the same seat, IIRC.

No chest clip:

Fisher%20Price_Safe%20Embrace%20II%20Convertible.jpg

Am I seeing things, or is this a 5-point seat? If it's the same as the one on Craigslist, then it just seems that it's threaded wrong, or has the wrong straps, or something else goofy. So maybe the comment about "upgrading" it to a 5-point isn't that far off if it's supposed to be a 5-point in the first place.

Amaris

I had a safe embrace (wish I still did) and I'm either confused or not remembering correctly since it's been a few years.

Stays very sturdy and secure due to built in strap 'holders'

What built in strap holders did it have to help it stay sturdy? It may have had them and I just don't remember, but I don't remember doing anything other than routing the seatbelt through the belt path! (and of course making sure it was tight)

kelly

I had a safe embrace (wish I still did) and I'm either confused or not remembering correctly since it's been a few years.

Stays very sturdy and secure due to built in strap 'holders'

What built in strap holders did it have to help it stay sturdy? It may have had them and I just don't remember, but I don't remember doing anything other than routing the seatbelt through the belt path! (and of course making sure it was tight)

She's talking about the built-in lockoffs. If you look at the pic posted in this thread, its the silver thingy on the purple bar (level with the slot the straps are in). That's the FF lockoff, the RF one is the same design and down lower by the RF belt path. Its kind of like a super duper paper clip. You just slide the belt in and it holds it.

They kicked butt. I loooooove those lockoffs. The stupid Britax RF ones are such a joke compared to the old FP ones. I was hoping Britax would incorporate FP's lockoff design, but no go. There was nothing to pop open, and its EASY to use it (just slide belt in), check for tightness and tighten more. Over and over. Its brilliant.

The ONLY car it didn't work on was granny's older Lexus. Those belts must be a hair too thin or somehow too slippery. The lockoff just wouldn't hold the belt and I have to use the retractors in that car. In all other cars I've used - perfection! :)

mominabigtruck

I know those lock offs were fabulous. I bought the seat just because it was the only one dh could install correctly rfing in his semi because of those lock offs. When he saw the lock offs on our new blvd he thought that they were weird compared to the fp.

kelly

I know those lock offs were fabulous. I bought the seat just because it was the only one dh could install correctly rfing in his semi because of those lock offs. When he saw the lock offs on our new blvd he thought that they were weird compared to the fp.

I bought 2 FPSE's when they were being clearanced out. ($39 at Walmart, I believe). Fast forward almost 5 years and I'm still astounded at what a nice seat they are. Shockingly "ahead of their time" in several regards. I remember being vaguely disappointed with my Marathons when they came, not because there was anything bad about them, but just that I was expecting them to knock my socks off due to the rave reviews. What ended up happening was the made me appreciate how GREAT my 3 year old, discontinued, FPSE's really were.

I still use one for my son in daddy's truck, and the other will likely go to my new nephew here shortly. Mine are good for a bit longer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC