News Evenflo Maestro Recall - EVENFLO ( 10C005000 )

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Re: Maestro Recall

In the U.S., the initiative involves 13,792 seats with model numbers that begin with “310” that were built between November 24, 2009 and April 9, 2010. In Canada, the initiative involves seats with a model number that begins with “310” that were built between December 17, 2009 and April 26, 2010. Maestro child restraints built after April 2010 are not affected by this action.

(quoted from Evenflo's release)

If your seat has a DOM of 4/10/10 (US) or later ((4/27/10 or later in Canada), it is NOT affected by the recall, regardless of the model number.

ADS

julia94115

Ok- so I jumped the gun... mine IS recalled...I looked at the first date and numbers I saw on the seat which was 9/09 and a different model number- but it's on the SIDE of the seat (why would they do this?) I just now looked at the BACK of the seat and it is indeed a recalled seat-
DOM 02/01/2010 MODEL # 31011059

WAAAHHHH!

vonfirmath

I called Evenflo and she said that they were starting to ship out kits on Monday and she thought that in Texas I'd get it by the end of the week.

So... to figure out how to avoid using the seat for a week.

fyrfightermomma

I did think about that as well. However I just decided to call Evenflo back & ask what was changed between April & May that made the ones after April safe. They told me that they re-enforced the area as of May 2010 to make them stronger to withstand the forces. I feel better after talking to someone that explained to me. However if they made the changes starting in May, it would seem that they knew about it then.

If they did indeed know about it then, then WHY are they just now recalling them? I really think I am over thinking all of this today. I am sick, so I think I am just being grumpy.

So uhh what happened with the seats between april 10th and May?!?!?!?

In may they were "fixed" but the recall ends in April. Mine is between those dates.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I merged the thread from Carseat Chat with the recall announcement thread right here in the News and Media forum to have a single thread for all the pertinent info.

smackeen

For some reason I was thinking the repair was for the back for some reason. I was talking to a rep at Evenflo and it was for new the adjuster.

Regarding the peeling labels on my recalled seat: They are sending a brand new seat out to replace this one. Relieves the stress of worrying about the fix.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Regarding the peeling labels on my recalled seat: They are sending a brand new seat out to replace this one. Relieves the stress of worrying about the fix.
My labels were all bubbling when I bought my seats... I just pushed them all back on with my thumb... they seem OK still so far after 6 months :confused:

mamakc

I'm confused, I thought it was ok to use in harness mode if the child is under 40lbs. Did I miss-read? Do I need to stop using it period? I just loaned it out to a friend to get her to stop putting her 3.5 yo in a backless booster..... Now I have to take it back? Ugh.

Qarin

I'm confused, I thought it was ok to use in harness mode if the child is under 40lbs. Did I miss-read? Do I need to stop using it period? I just loaned it out to a friend to get her to stop putting her 3.5 yo in a backless booster..... Now I have to take it back? Ugh.

From http://safety.evenflo.com/cs/sc/cssc99_RD.phtml?rid=EFR30&src=WEB
The seat should not be used with children weighing under 40 pounds without the repair bracket. Children who weigh more than 40 pounds can continue to use the seat as a belt-positioning booster until the remedy kit arrives.

A seat subject to this recall cannot be used with a child who does not weigh 40lbs, at all, until it is repaired. Over 40lbs, it can be used as a belt-positioning booster.

pepsicola

Although our brand new Maestro is not part of the recall, I can't help but feel a little concerned about the overall quality of this seat. I think a couple of people have said the same thing. Add this to the fact that I am already freaked out about my 2 year old having to forward face in one car!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I can't read the model # on my seat. It's smudged. But it is within the date range. What the heck am I supposed to do????

swtgi1982

I can't read the model # on my seat. It's smudged. But it is within the date range. What the heck am I supposed to do????

If you registered it, which I assume you did, you will receive the kit automatically I was told my evenflo yesterday if your seat is affected.

swtgi1982

She told me that they re-enforced the splitter plate to make it stronger to withstand the crash forces.

ok reinforcing the splitter plate has nothing to do with the recall what was she talking about? It is the harness adjuster that is the issue, sounds like someone does not know what they are talking about there then.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC